Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Lakland 55-01 w/NTMB, SX SJB-75, Morley Wah and other goodies.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by natrab, Apr 19, 2004.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Lakland 55-01
    Well, I've got a candy apple red Lakland 55-01 bass that I'm letting go as I've found 5 string really isn't my thing. I still have my Brice 5 for songs that require it, but I don't play this Lakland enough to warrant keeping it.

It has the upgraded NTMB pre-amp as well as upgraded nobs and a BRAND NEW neck (put on and setup by Lakland. I've only played on the new neck three times). Comes with a brand new set of Lakland brand strings that are pretty much unused (still very bright). You can see all the upgrades in the pictures except for the neck (the pics were from before the new neck). The bass is pretty much flawless. The body has a little bit of wear, but none noticeable. The new pre-amp was wired to use 18v, so one battery is in the battery compartment and the other is stuffed in the control cavity (as seen in pics). Two barely used Pro-Cell batteries are included. It comes in the Lakland Levi's gig bag which goes for $155 on the Lakland site (though it has the most wear of all). The bass still has the MK1 soapbar pickups.

Pictures available here.

Overall this package brand new would cost somewhere in the $1200 range. I'm willing to let it go for exactly what I paid for it, $750. Buyer pays shipping which will probably be around $25.

NEW PRICE ON LAKLAND: $650 shipped

SX SJB-75 SOLD
    They aren't selling this bass anymore. It's an Ash bodied '75 style SX with a real flame finish as well as pearl block inlays. It has NEVER been used. I bought it, had it professionally set up, and never played it (maybe having the real 'Fender '75 RI had something to do with it :p). It's still got the crappy strings that came with it so you'll probably want to replace those. It's not exactly light. Not quite warwick, but not light. Comes in a Brice box only.

I really would just like to get my money back on it. I paid $150 plus shipping, I'm asking $150 plus shipping. It's just like buying it off their site except that you can't get em anymore (and it is pretty special being one of the only SX basses with a real flame finish and pearl block inlays).

Morley PRO Series II Wah
    Yeah, so I just use my autowah all the time and I never use this. Comes by itself in very good condition.

Once again I just want what I paid for it. This one's still up on ebay from when I bought it (click here), which is $50 plus shipping.

I will accept trades on this stuff, however I would like to make some money on it as I'm am a bit strapped for cash. Things I'm interested in are basses of course (I would rather take one higher end bass than three low quality bass, as I already have a couple of those). Basses I'm interested in right now are shortscales, like Danelectro or Fender MM. Also Basses with 24 frets or any basses for that matter. Let me know what you've got and I'll consider it. And no I'm not looking for anything with more than 4 strings. Also considering various pre-amps, cabs, effects, etc. etc. Just list what ya got and I'll consider it.

I also have an SKB PS-25 pedalboard and a Furman PS-Pro power conditioner I will probably be putting on ebay unless someone here is interested.

Thanks for reading :bassist:

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Is my price too high? I'll take $700 for the Lakland if you buy it now :)

3. Artisan

Artisan

Apr 14, 2004

4. Artisan

Artisan

Apr 14, 2004

5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Everything's still here. I do have one person interested in the Lakland. Better snatch it up before he plays it and decides he likes it. :bassist:

6. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Wah is pending.

Come on people, don't you want some of this other stuff? I will entertain offers so long as they're not lowballs.

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    bump :hyper:

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    How much for the power conditioner, if it's still available?

9. are u willing to drop the price on that sx if you still have it?

10. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    The SX and Morley are pending trade. I could let the forman go for around $300. I paid $240 for it and spend $80 having all its insides replaced by furman so it's truly like new.

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    :eek:!!!!

Sorry I asked!!

Very fair price, just *way* out of my range!!

12. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    As I said, the unit does much more than most bassplayers need. If anyone DJs with multiple power amps and lights it's a bit more suitable and also worth the cost.

13. pm sent

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM on the way.........................

-Mike

15. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Ok guys, due to money issues I'm no longer accepting trades on the morley and SX. The lakland is current in a pending status.

The first person to give me $150 will get the SX shipped to their door (yeah, I'll pay shipping).

16. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  17. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    $650 shipped to a TBer.

18. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    You could get a Brand New 55-01 for $700 and less, Regardless of the upgrade.

IMHO $600 would be a good price.

Good Luck!

19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Eh crap, I'll take the SX. Let me know how to pay you, and I do any available way.

Racer48m@aol.com

20. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    SX is gone, and I think my asking price is fair on the Lakland. Btw, I'd really like to trade it for some Mesa gear (I'd be willing to put in cash).