1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Lakland 55-02 - $775 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bthrem, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    2005 Lakland 55-02 in 3-tone sunburst. She has dings here and there, but nothing that affects playability. Previous owner inexplicably drilled 3 extra small holes into the pickguard and bass. They’re small so don’t really see them from a distance. Pics were taken with the guard on and off – didn’t put the screws in for the pics with the guard on but they are included. If you’ve wanted 55-02 and can live with a few physical blems then this is the bass for you.

I just put a fresh set of D'Addario EXL170 on it strung through the bridge. E string taper still came up a little short so I stuck a small piece of plastic in the nut groove to keep it from buzzing.

No gig bag or case, but will be packed with plenty of padding and insured for full amount.

Paypal welcomed. Shipping to US lower 48 only. Call me at 513-478-6665 if you want to chat more about it.

Thanks,
    Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oooh man! This won't last long. Nice bass from a cool dude. I'd get it from you but all I've got is a trade offer, no cash right now.

3. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

oh man. It's a nice deal but god... that pick guard and holes in the wood :meh:

Oh well, im sure it'll sell fast.

4. saristi

saristi

Feb 7, 2008
    Has this bass the Lakland or the Bartolini's pickups??

5. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

It says "Lakland" right on the pickup.

6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    $775 with Lakie pups!!????

SHIPPED!!!??? MAN!

someone grab this - please!!!!

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Dope bass.
    If I had the scratch

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump for a great deal!

9. superflybass

superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    hey you got that one used from gc right ?

if you did I called them about 10 min after you bought it

10. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yes it is. When I got it the pickguard was attached with 3 mismatched screws and she needed a setup badly.

I put all the neccessary work into her to get up to playing speed:

- Counter sunk the rest of the pickguard screw holes and put all new matching screws in.
    - Lightly sanded some shrap fret edges.
    - Put new strings on, set the relief and intonation.

She's only 3 years old and hasn't been treated the way I would have, but still a player.

Only selling 'cause I realize I won't be able to find playing time for her amongst the rest of my basses.

11. If only my tax return refund would get here.....

Is it possible that the previous owner had mounted a ramp between the pickups? In the images it looks like the holes are between them, though I could be seeing things.

12. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Something like that, or thumb rest, Fender-style pickup cover...

Whatever it was you wouldn't really notice from a distance, or just put a new pickguard on it and you wouldn't see any extra holes.

13. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sold! On it's way to Oregon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.