1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Lakland 55-02 Deluxe Cherryburst Ash/ Maple!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scott McArron, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD!!!

This is a beauty of a Lakland. Got this back when I was doing more neosoul, jazz, funk stuff. Now, I'm doing more rock and Top 40's Katie Perry type stuff. The Precision fits the look of these bands better so I got me one of those. And, since I was just offered a job in Germany this morning I've got to sell just about everything I own.

This is a good one. It balances magnificently and weighs in at a lightish 9.2 lbs. The burst/quilt is gorgeous! with a hint more red than most of these models. It's my favorite 55-02 to date and I've seen a ton of them. It does have some minor gigging wear I can point out later with better pics, but overall it's great, the frets have tons of life left, it gets super low action without buzz, I can't say enough about it. Don't want to let it go, but considering the move I have to.

Here's one pic so far for you to drool over...

NewLakland.

I'm asking [DEL]$1100[/DEL] $1025 shipped to conus in a new Fender SKB-style hardcase shown in the pics below.

Let me know if you have questions!

EDIT: Picture time!!!

BassQuilt.
    BassUpClose.
    BassBody.
    Bass1-1.
    Bass-1.
    BassSmudge.
    Above, there's a small very superficial scrap there on the horn that could easily be buffed out...
    BassDing.
    In the pic above, you'll see another small superficial ding. It doesn't go to the wood, but should be disclosed anyway for integrity's sake. :)

2. Everything he said about it is true! Great guy to deal with as well.

BTW that living room looks familiar ;)

3. Haha! Yeah, thanks for the pic! It's the only one I have at the moment. :smug:

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Gorgeous bass. And did you say you're doing Katy Perry? Heh.

5. Bump!

6. Rev.Dr.

Rev.Dr.

Oct 4, 2007
    Metro Atlanta
    Bump for a beautiful bass

7. Added Pics!! :bassist:

8. Oh man! I want it back...

9. Can't believe this beautiful bass is still here bump!

10. bass4pit

bass4pit Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2010
    meadville, pa
    I have not communicated on talkbass before, so I'm not sure how this will work. I am interested in your Lakland. Is the price negotiable at all?

11. Within reason. Already a low price, plus shipping is included and there's the usual PayPal toll, so I'd call this a steal for one of the most popular colors with a beautiful quilt top. This is a good one. Not all SkyLines are, especially the Korean made ones, so be wary of those offered for less. A year ago, with the economy even worse off, these were regularly going for closer to 1100-1200.

Feel free to PM me With any questions or offers. I can throw in a used Comfort Strap Medium sized with Dunlop strap-locks as well.

12. This one is special enough to take with me, but on the other hand I could use the money for the move overseas! Feel free to PM me offers. Worst I could do is say no. ;)

13. Bump! Ok, I'm Moving in just over a week. I'd like to get this sold, so accepting reasonable offers!

14. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Katie Perry like Candy Cola Pbasses, i'll trade ya

15. Cash offers, no trades. ;)

16. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    You just made Katie cry

17. That is one beautiful 55-02. It is worth every penny and then some. Who ever buys this bass will be very happy. Better get it before he changes his mind and keeps it, which I have already advised him to do.

18. Thanks! Just used it for the last time on the gig last night. This is such a versatile bass, and in "jazz-mode" really packs a punch! If it sells I'm really going to miss it. If it doesn't, we'll, I'll still be pretty happy! :) ...but I need money right now, grrr! So that might make me just a little more happy. ;)

19. Bumpy bump!

20. 1 week before I leave bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.