Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS Lakland 55-02 Deluxe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Eggman, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    New 55-02D - Natural Finish, quilt top, rosewood board and hardshell case.

I received this bass brand new on 12/23/04 It has never been on a sales floor.

It has been to two rehearsals - played for about 20 minutes total. In as close to new condition as it can be. No dings or scratches. Neck and frets in perfect shape. A great sounding bass - very comfortable and easy to play.

Why sell this brand new bass? I recently traded for another 5 string and now have more 5 strings than I need. I have GAS for another Dingwall - so off this one goes.

$1175 for bass, case PLUS $25 shipping to lower 48 US.
    USPS money orders or Paypal (Paypal add 2.9%)

Attached Files:

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Close ups

Attached Files:

3. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    You might want to mention that it is a skyline right?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    All 55-02s are Skylines.

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    *with a backhand to follow* :bag:

It's all good in the hood Mingus, we're all still learning :)

6. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Not everyone is aware all 55-02's are Skyline's. I wasen't, but thanks for the education.

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    55-01, 55-02, 44-01, and 44-01 are Skyline models.

55-94 and 4-94 are the US models.

Someone who knows more about Lakland than I will explain the significance of 94 and why the five is doubled but not the four. FYI, BassCentral's advertised (i.e. pre-haggle) price on this same bass brand new is $1259, plus shipping.

http://www.basscentral.com/lakeland_usa/skyline_5501_5502.shtml

8. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I know the difference and I knew it was a skyline but I wouldn't expect everyone out there to know.

Andrew

9. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Without a case.....

Make an offer!!!!

10. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    So as not to be thought of as a money grubber - I have lowered the price on this bass and hardshell case to $1175. Add $25 for shipping to the lower 48 for a total of $1200. Payment by Paypal would require buyer adding 2.9% to cover the Paypal fee.

Thank you for your consideration.

Eggman

11. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    That's pretty, almost makes me wish I would have waited a few more weeks to buy. I just got a 55-02 in Natural with the standard finish. This one wouldn't have been much more.

Oh well. :(

12. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    3 week bump!!

13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    ...and the backhand... :bag: :D

14. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Used 55-02 = $900

Just a suggestion.

15. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    PRICE DROP

$1085 delivered in the lower 48 US.

16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    This is not a bad suggestion.
    I just bought the identical 55-02D, except with a Maple board, from a guy who had it on an eBay 7 day auction. Even though he had only had it a month (wanted to try a 5 string...didn't like it) and it was mint with the plastic still on the covers, he couldn't even get a $900 openning bid. Since it was the exact model I wanted, I waited until the auction closed and offered him his $900 openning bid if he would include 3 day shipping (he actually shipped it 2 day...:confused: :D ).

....and he didn't insist I, as the buyer, pay the PayPal fees either, which is always a deal breaker for me (eBay too).

Not knocking your asking price....just trying to save you some time and give you a realistic watermark on this (beautiful) bass from my recent experience with an identical one.

17. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    O yeah its a pretty bass and I LOVE Laklands, but honestly that is a tad high...

Good luck, But @ $900 you would sell it faster here then evilbay.

18. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sad, but very true. The new->used value drop is very real, even tho the bass might be barely touched... this is even true on the high end stuff like the USA Laklands. I see them sold used/mint for less than half MSRP... like as little as 1700.

The bottom line is, always buy used/mint if at all possible. You don't always get you're exact first choice, but if that's ok with you, you can save big.

19. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    OK - I get it....

New price = $900

plus $25 shipping to lower 48

No paypal.

Check my feedback here and under eBay ID whecfp.

20. Bought mine from supernaut on talkbass for $750. Practically mint although it had a sunburst finish instead of quilted. I then sold it to another talkbasser, forgot his name for $755 shipped to the west coast. Took a bit of a hit there. But i'm pretty sure he ended up selling it for a major profit. I think around 900.