Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Lakland 55-02

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VifferMike, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    SOLD For sale: Lakland 55-02 Standard, black body with maple fingerboard (a combo that's hard to find, in demand and sensational looking). Bass is a late 2004 with Hipshot lite tuners and the same electronics as U.S.-made Laklands (Bart MM/J pickups, Bart NTMB preamp, etc.) It's in near-mint condition with some normal and light scuffing from normal play.

Two mods have been installed on the bass: Dunlop Straploks and a custom brass nut, which is a huge improvement over the stock plastic nut.

It plays like butter (especially the B-string), looks like a dream and sounds like just about anything you want it to. I'm selling it because I'm going back to 4-string basses and need to finance the purchase of a Zon.

Asking $800 + shipping. No trades, please. Bass doesn't come with a case (I want to keep the Body Glove gig bag I keep it in), but I'll ship carefully and properly. Two pics are attached; more are available upon request, of course. Thanks, y'all!

Attached Files:

2. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    pm sent
    More pictures would be nice

3. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    PMs have been returned. More pics are available upon request to an alternate e-mail address ... though since I received a new digital camera for Xmas, I may post a couple more tonight for grins. :)

4. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    pm sent.. please let me know if you didn't get it.

5. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    PMs have been returned.

A note: I'll be out of town and away from a computer from Thursday afternoon through early Sunday evening, so if anyone else has interest in the 55-02, lemme know by Thursday morning. It looks like the bass will probably be sold by Sunday evening if not sooner. Thanks, everyone!

6. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    I've emailed you. I'm local so no shipping if I can see it in person.

7. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    PMs have been returned, and a sale is pending. If that deal falls through on Sunday (a definite possibility), the bass will be offered to other potential buyers in order of their initial contact of me. If anyone is no longer interested either now or by then, please PM me so I can remove you from the queue.

Thanks, y'all!

8. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Sale is pending to someone else, but they're the last one in line ... so if for some reason he passes, this bass will still be available. First $800 takes it, folks ... it's a gem and a player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.