1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Lakland 55-94D Worlds lightest bass!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by armybass, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    FS Lakland 55-94D Worlds lightest bass!
    DSCN0099.
    I hate to do it but 2006 has seen me with a 5/1 URB to electric bass gig ratio. I need to move this and get a backup URB. This bass has stayed in my arsenal a long time (for me) due to it's amazing sound and the fact that it registers a whopping 7lbs on my crappy bathroom scale. The bass defies gravity. It is damn near mint condition and comes with the OHSC. I am going to offer it here for a limited time before I go world wide with it. I will do it for $1850.00 shipped for TBers in the CONUS. Not interested in shipping it overseas unless you are prepared to pay $150 or so for shipping, I can not take trades on this one guys. I have to buy my old Englehardt back soon. I think I have more pics....I'll look for them.

Email me with any qyestions....the price is firm and non negotiable. The bass is worht more than I am asking and I know it. Laklands are great basses and this one is a beauty.

2. Oh mama...thats really light for one of those.

3. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    I wont vouch for the accuracy of the scale but it has to be dang close!

4. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    Damn!!!

Good luck with the sale, that is gorgeous

5. Jordan

Jordan

Feb 22, 2004
    I'm pretty sure this is the one I owned for a long time.. if so, I can vouch that it is indeed light, and the tone is awesome. It absolutely nails a professionally studio recorded Fender tone, live! Sits wonderfully in the mix too. That's a good one!!

And I have your old Engelhardt. :cool:
    It's getting some good good usage too!

If it wasn't for the fact that I just bought a Ken Smith this week....

Jordan

6. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey Jordan, you have "one" of my old Englehardts man....LOL. And I am only the second owner of this particular Lakland. It is a late 2003 that I sold to a cat in when I worked at RMC. I told him if he ever sold it that I wanted it. He did and I bought it a year later. The bass has been in very few hands and is very cherry.

You have my ES9 bro and I have regretted selling that bass on a regular basis dude.

7. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Here is the first owner on stage with it.
    pic39.
    pic50.

8. God that looks so hot!

Great bass and price! Good luck with the sale!

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    There's a bass in those pics?

10. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    One last bump before it hits the dock.

11. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    man ...you're killing me.

12. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

This is killing me too... I have some Lakland gold hardware that would look great on this.. I have a Roscoe coming soon so I have to wait for another 55-94...

13. BUMP! This is an absolute steel at this price!

14. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV
    Bump for a beautiful bass.

15. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    SOLD on $&@% within minutes of the auction starting for $1900, told ya it was a good deal.

Thanks folks

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It was a great price indeed. I would've been tempted if it weren't for this:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.