1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Lakland AC DJ4 Darryl Jones bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tdizzle, Mar 12, 2010.

1. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    OK. I just bought this bass. I thought that all DJs had a 7.25" fret board radius. I received this one only to find out that the ACs have a 10" radius (confirmed by Kirk at Lakland). The 7.25 radius was a selling point for me, I just love that old school Fender feel (but not the old school Fender problems).

The bass. I will be darned if this bass weighs 8 pounds. It is quite possibly the lightest solid body instrument that I have ever picked up (the only rival is a pre-CBS P-bass that i once held). The sound is meaty, punchy, and deep, but if you are looking at this, you probably know about the DJs. The bass is in fantastic condition, the only thing worth mentioning is that the E string slot on the nut is cut a little large. It has not caused any problems, it just looks funny. The string fits in there tight and does not move.

I will only consider a trade for a white/rosewood DJ4 that is around or under 9 pounds (and has a 7.25 radius board).

Generic tweed hard shell included.

$850 + forty dollar shipping.

DSCN2413.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

2. Thanks for the info on the necks, I've been eye-balling a few of these too.
    Bump for a good looking bass!

3. Great chance people!:bassist:

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I have plunked several of these and they were all killer!

I would have one except between the time they were conceived and they were delivered, I converted to 5 strings....I even had one with my name on it that I ended up letting go to another player because of the 5 string addiction!

these are rather light for DJs and feel really comfortable....

DJs are actuallly discontinued...Lakland will be coming out with another small bodied J bass but when is still WAY up in the air...get one while they are available!!!

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is a steal! These basses are sick!:bassist:

6. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in this bass, but I am going to hang on to it for a little while longer to see if the 10" radius grows on me.

Peace

7. themass

themass

Feb 13, 2010
    NH
    :bawl:

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020