1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Lakland Dude Pit Limited Edition II Darkstar Glaub

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by looper, Apr 5, 2009.

1. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Regrettably my DPLE II Skyline Glaub is up for sale :crying:. This one is a bit different in that it has a natural headstock, which IMHO, looks a bit nicer. Bass is in mint condition, 1.5" neck width at the nut, comes with a levys DP gig bag. Currenty strung with flats which I think are Laklands.
    Asking $1350 shipped to the conti US, verified paypal or USPS MO prefferred. Sorry no trades. Please contact me with any questions!! Double click on the thumbnails for a larger pics.

2. Out of curiosity what is the story with this one in regards to the natural headstock and US Lakland decal?

3. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    I believe I am the third owner of the bass. I bought it from bdeau a while back. The original owner requested a natural headstock during the ordering process and this is how it came. I guess it could be the superlimited DPLE II, as I don't think I've seen any others with natural headstocks.

4. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

I couldnt tell if there was a Skyline logo on the headstock. Can we get a better pic of the headstock? Thanks!

5. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    No skyline logo on the front but a crafted in Korea logo on the back.

6. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    friendly bump for a particularly fine bass. I have the non dudepit version. Put TI flats on that thing and you will swear you went to heaven

7. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    OK, I put my 44-02 Deluxe up for sale to try to make a run at this beauty...
    Exceptional bass!!

8. weight please?

9. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Bass weighs in at 8.5 to 9 lbs. on my crummy bathroom scale.

10. That suggests to me that the headstock color was removed at Lakland. I wonder if they gave the US finish to the whole neck then.

Very nice looking bass. My lease favorite part of the Dudepit Glaub was the matching headstock.

11. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Thanks for the comments Johnny! Something about the white headstock just didn't do it for me.

Received a PM from the original owner who heard back from the second owner a few weeks after shipping the bass that a small area of paint on the headstock was lifting. The second owner contacted Dan Lakland who would not do a repair since he was not the original owner but did a neck replacement instead. Hence the naked headstock, can't explain the lack of a skyline logo though.

12. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Bumpster

13. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    saturday bump

i just got one of the 40 or so of these that were made. first gig with it was thurs nite. it was delicious.

14. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Saturday Bump!!! :bassist:

15. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Drool .......

Very nice ...... Need to sell some things to raise funds.....

Question on the single Darkstar, is it noisy ? I have no experience with them but am very interested. Have searched the pickup forum and found this thread;
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524637&highlight=darkstar

Which has a variety of opinions on the single coil hum. What is your experience with this specific bass ?

16. The only other Skylines with blocks are the Duck Dunn and the DJ jazz Both have matching headstocks. So whether it be a replacement or the original it most likely had the matching headstock stripped which would explain the US logo.

Does the front of the headstock have the same finish as the back of the neck? If they did the US finish on the whole neck than I can guarentee that neck plays super sweet.

Once again...great looking bass. I am not in the market now but if I was I think I would be all over this one.

17. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    I think i can clarify a bit here:

I asked Lakland if I could send the bass in to get the headstock re-finished natural, since the white paint was coming off. Plus I prefer the natural. The back off the neck was not re-finished, still has the Skyline feel. Only the front of the headstock was done. It is not a replacement neck because I took the "CE" sticker off and you can see the little square area that is now discolored. That is how i shipped it to Lakland.

Nevertheless, this is a great bass. I would have kept it myself if I hadn't needed the flow.

I hope this helps. Now someone buy this so we can stop drooling! :)

18. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Sorry for confusing everyone with inacurate info regarding the neck.
    In regards to hum, I have not noticed any but I have not played the bass outside of my basement studio. Not sure if it would be different on a "noisy stage". I also have a decade with dual darkstars and tonally really like them both. The single sweet spot position of the DS on the DPLEII has more of a Fender P ring to it, where as the dual DS decade has more of a hollow body feel.

Monday price drop $1300 shipped to the conti US.

19. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    :D $1250 shipped!!!

20. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    .. . . before the fleabay!:crying:

$1200 shipped!