1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Lakland Skyline 44-02

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FunkBoy, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FunkBoy

FunkBoy Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Endorsing: Martin Keith Guitars
    I purchased this mint (or so I thought) 2011 Lakland 44-02 here on TB a few months back. While playing it at a rehearsal something didn’t feel quite right and I discovered it had a twisted neck. So I called the man, Carl Pedigo (Chicago Bass Doctor), and explained the problem to him and he told me it would need a new neck. Rather than just sell me a replacement neck he asked if I would ship him the bass to him so he could find a new neck that the holes would line up and fit the pocket properly. He also told me he would set the bass up, PLEK the bass and install a new set of Lakland nickels on it.

Fast forward 3 weeks and an additional $458.88 later (see pic of receipt), the bass plays beautifully and looks like new.

After I sent this out to Carl I had a chance to play a couple Martin Keith Elfin basses and fell completely in love with them, so much so that I now own an Elfin 4 and I am spec’ing out a new Elfin 5 for Martin to build. The money has to come from somewhere for this new build so this one is on the block.

This one has an Ash body, Rosewood fretboard, Lakland LH3 electronics and pickups and it even still has the plastic film on the control cavity cover. It weighs in at 9.5 lbs. on my digital bathroom scale. It’s in mint condition, no buckle rash, scratches or dings anywhere on this bass, just some extremely slight scuffing above the pickups where you would anchor your thumb.

SOLD [DEL]Now asking $800[/DEL] [DEL]$1000[/DEL] for the bass shipped to anywhere in the CONUS, that’s $550 [DEL]$350[/DEL] less than I have invested in it. For an additional $50 I’ll throw in a Mike Lull Protec soft case. Sorry no international sales, PayPal accepted. Local pickup is also available.

The only trade I would be interested in is for a Bergantino HD210 cabinet (plus some cash).

Additional pics can be viewed here: http://s925.photobucket.com/user/FunkBoy/library/Lakland%2044-02?page=1

IMG_0016_zps1bd4d552.

IMG_0025_zpsab3d9fb3.

IMG_0018_zps9074ccfa.

IMG_0024_zps6b186b31.

IMG_0048_zpsf538eb44.

Thanks for looking!

2. FunkBoy

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Here are some pics of the neck pocket.

IMG_0062_zps36477ce1.

IMG_0063_zps5826262d.

IMG_0064_zps21f5d2e2.

IMG_0065_zps13456258.

3. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Bump for a great bass. Bought a 55-02 a month ago because I had not seen a 44-02 in a while. This is a great bass. Wish I could buy it!

4. FunkBoy

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Thanks for the bump, it is a great bass.

I'm really motivated to move this bass so I can place my order for my new one.

5. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    This is killing me...I'd trade my 55 for your 44 but you'd be no closer to your new bass.

6. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Looks great!

7. FunkBoy

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    PM's replied to.

Due to my major GAS attack, I'm dropping the price to $800 shipped for the bass.

8. FunkBoy

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Open to offers bump.

9. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Just PM'ed you.

10. FunkBoy