1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Lakland Skyline 55-01 Fiver Bartolini PUs and Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey folks. While on vacatioin recently, I bought this Lakland Skyline 55-01 five string. Always liked them, but could never find one second hand to buy, so when I found this, I figured, "Hey, I have 2 weeks off from work-- what a great time to buy a new bass to doodle with."

I guess you could say this was an impulse purchase. While I'd be happy keeping the bass, I would like to move this bass along and put the cash back in my piggy bank for a rainy bass day. So here are some of the details.

This is a Lakland 55-01. Five strings. Made in Korea out of North American woods. Shipped back for finishing and set up in the Lakland factory in the USA.

35 inch scale. Half sawn neck. 2 Bartolini MK1 pickups and Bartolini MK1 3 band preamp.

Hipshot-licensed lightweight tuners with Fender style pegs. Very well balanced bass thanks in part to these tuners.

Bridge is the Lakland vintage Musicman-style oval that allows you to string through the body or through the bridge.

Fingerboard is maple.

Overall this bass has a very tight and articulate B string. Killer sound and lots of tonal possibilities.

This bass is in excellent condition save for 2 small dings on the back and one small ding and a 2 inch scratch on the front, all are pictured.

I just removed the plastic from the cavity plate this evening.
    The previous owner did remove 3 of the 4 screws so they will have to be replaced if that bugs you. However the plate stays in place with no problem.

I am asking $550 shipped to you in a hard case or $525 in a gib bag. Paypal is fine with me as are cashiers checks and money orders. Pictures:

Would prefer not to do any trades but I might be pursuaded to take an all-stock Geddy Jazz or fretless MIJ Jazz or Precision (plus a little cash).

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    SOLD!

Thanks folks.

-RBM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.