1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Lakland Skyline 55-02 3 Tone Burst/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RFord04, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFord04

RFord04 Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Up for grabs is my Lakland Skyline 55-02 in 3 Tone Burst, with a maple neck. I acquired this bass less than a year ago from a fellow TB'er. The previous owner purchased a black/white/black pickguard for it, which I think really accents the look of the bass nicely and sets it apart from others. The pickguard is not screwed on. The previous owner used double sided tape to mount it, so it can be removed to look stock, with no screw holes. It's in great condition, with some scuffing on the pickguard, and very few marks of any kind on the body and neck. One of the pickup screws on the bridge pup is stripped, but I've never seen a need to move the placement while I've owned the bass, and the tone seems very balanced as is, but this could be easily fixed with the right extracting tools if you felt it necessary.

This is a 2008 model, PLEK'd and setup in Chicago, with LAKLAND PUPS and a BARTOLINI PRE. I love the versatility of this combination, but I'm just not getting use out of it anymore, and I'd like to see it go to another player who would appreciate it. Comes with a Lakland hard shell case. The case has a few tears in the tolex, and the upholstery is a bit damaged above the upper horn of the bodie where the strap button had poked through when I made the mistake of putting this bass in the case with Schaller straplocks on it. Nothing major, and the case still functions fine and looks pretty good.

$925 Shipped CONUSA

NO TRADES

More pics to come shortly, all I had was my cell phone to take these:

With Pickguard
    IMAG0056.

Without Pickguard
    IMAG0078.

IMAG0083.

2. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    Good day. Was the pickguard screwed on as a permanent mod?

3. RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Wow, can't believe I forgot to include that detail...

The pickguard is not screwed on. It is double sided taped on to the body, so no screw holes are present. It can be removed to look stock.

4. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    great 5er, nice price

5. RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Added a couple more pics, without the pickguard on. Beautiful burst underneath. I almost regret playing it with the pickguard on it for the entire time I've owned it.

6. RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Price drop bump

7. RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Price dropped to $925 shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.