Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub w/ Dark Star

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jdwinva, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    This is a mint, almost new Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub with a Dark Star pickup that was factory installed. Currently has TI Flatwounds on it. This body is gloss black and the fingerboard is maple with black dot markers. Comes with hardshell case. Asking $850.

Email me at jdwinva@yahoo.com if interested. I've got hi-res pics I can email.

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    email sent

3. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

umm I am the high bidder on the ebay auction on this bass? Are you removing it from ebay?

4. PM sent

5. Interested In Trades

6. jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    I have this on eBay as well. I'm looking for the best offer on it. If you have a 5-string Jazz style bass I may be interested.

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Wait--are you selling for $850 or for best offer? I certainly hope not more than $850...

Anyway, I spent a fair amount of time playing this bass at Jong's shop. There were Lulls, Roscoes, Lakland aplenty but this is the one I always came back to. It's The One status, no question. I can't believe you're selling it, actually! Also, I can't believe I'm not buying it!

But this bass promted me to do my own DS p bass project.

8. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Selling on ebay and looking for best offers on TB.

I just added jdwinva on TB and jwyatt6596gi on ebay as people I will not do business with.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ebay is a contract. You're willing to reneg on a contract to make a few extra bucks? Allow me to be the first to raise the flag...

[​IMG]

10. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

Ebay is an auction site. Talk bass is not. It needs to be on one or the other. Not both.

11. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    :meh:

12. jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    The bass has been sold on eBay. eBay is a contract and I am ending my sale on TB now that it has a bid. I don't see anything wrong with advertising on both sites up to the point that someone actually bids on it on eBay. Again, it's gone.

13. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Then you've got some reading to do if you plan on using TB to sell gear, bro. Party foul.

Read the regs.

14. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    too late in the game for my taste...

15. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    "The bass has been sold on eBay. eBay is a contract and I am ending my sale on TB now that it has a bid. I don't see anything wrong with advertising on both sites up to the point that someone actually bids on it on eBay. Again, it's gone."

I respectfully disagree. Personally I think it's a really lame thing to do actually. Think of it this way, you see a bass that interests you on this site. You enter into negotiation with the seller only to find out it was already for sale on Ebay and that it is already sold. Can you say 'complete waste of interested TB ers time???' Very uncool.......

16. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    This is the part that is against TB regs.

17. :spit: VERY uncool thing to do. Many put their equipment up for sale on TB before they go elsewhere. I'ts certainly fine to sell on ebay IF it doesn't sell here first, but definitely not cool to do both at the same time.
    HTML:
    I just added jdwinva on TB and jwyatt6596gi on ebay as people I will not do business with
    I agree.:spit:

18. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    +1

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Hmmmm...now RELISTED on ebay.:rolleyes:

20. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    How does that expression go? What goes around.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.