1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dwc3690, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I have decided to sell the bass. I am still open to trade, but I will only accept trade offers for a Fender Roscoe Beck IV. But mainly I have decided to sell the bass and save for a new RBIV.

Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4
    Discontinued Candy Apple Red
    Serial#: 03031763
    Upgraded from Aero pickups to Sadowsky Humcancelling J's
    Comes w/ SKB Hardshell Case
    Great condition
    For more specs: http://www.lakland.com/basses/jones.htm

Pictures below... let me know if you want additional pictures posted.

I mainly see these going for $900 plus shipping. I ended up selling the Aeros for $95, and bought the Sadowskys for $140 so I am going to add the difference. I found with the Aeros the tone was very bright and hollow, so I got the Sadowskys put in and the tone is much thicker, and sounds much more like a jazz bass.

$930 plus shipping, Con US, US Postal Money Order ONLY!

Thanks again,
    Dan C.

Attached Files:

2. More pics...

Attached Files:

3. There is a little nic at the very bottom of the bass, it is barely noticable and all the paint is still on it. I tried my hardest to photograph it, but my camera is not good enough to zoom that close to catch it.

The other picture is an equally terrible photo of the Sadowsky pickups.

Attached Files:

4. Bigdoins

Bigdoins

Mar 10, 2007
    NYC NEW YORK
    What is the weight?

5. I do not know for sure, and I don't have a scale at home. The Lakland website says Skyline basses weight is between 8.5 - 11 pounds, depending on the bass. Other talkbass posts say around 9.5 pounds.

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I have a CAR DJ4, and I grin every time I pull it out of the gig bag. It's a gorgeous bass!

7. Agreed... and I wish I didnt have to give it up, but I really can't afford to keep this one and buy the Roscoe Beck. And honestly I have wanted the Roscoe Beck long before I even had this bass.

8. Leap Year Bump

9. $930 plus shipping, Con US, US Postal Money Order ONLY!

10. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Cool bass man. I've never seen one in CAR, and I'd be interested in hearing how those sadowsky pups sound.. Someone should snatch this up.

11. I'm interested. PM sent.

12. PM replied

13. bump

14. EBLVR

EBLVR

Feb 20, 2008
    Great Lakes
    Nice!

15. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    If I could just sell this Stingray 5, I would grab this baby the instant I could. She's a beaut!!!!!!!!

16. $930, & I'll cover 1/2 the shipping costs

17. sale pending...

18. sold to 3NotesAbar