1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: LAKLAND Skyline Joe O 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gomez hacienda, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selling my newly modded Skyline Joe. Just had the USA stacked pots put on at Lakland. In perfect shape, no dings. Really nice bass for sound and playability. Weight is a guess at about 9.5#

Only reason I'm selling is to fund another USA that I ran across recently. Right now it's strung with LaBella flats. Will also include a set of Ernie Ball nickel rounds. Shipped in Levy's Lakland bag for $850.00 to the lower 48. Can e-mail more photos if you wish. Sorry no trades. I will consider offers.

Sorry, moved to the bay...

Attached Files:

2. More pics...

Attached Files:

3. If there's a problem with anything you see here, please let me know.

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    do have an accurate weight on it?

thanks

5. I have no scale. I would not say it was a featherweight.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I love that finish! That is the prettiest sunburst I have ever seen on a Skyline.:)

7. The finish is flawless. That's what nailed me in the 1st place.

8. Beautiful bass. Is that a 1 piece body?

9. You can't really see it, but I'm sure there's a seam there somewhere.

10. Beauty,
    Bump.

11. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    If this bass had a rosewood board I'd be calling ya.... dang.
    good luck

12. flyman

flyman Whoa!!

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
    1: What are the lines on both horns in the picture of the back of the bass? A reflection or something else?

2: So the pickups are the new Laklands? If so, how did they change the sound of the bass compared to the Fralins?

flyman

13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    i know this wasn't directed at me but I've owned JO's with the Fralins and with the new Lakland pickups. To my ears they sound very similiar but I prefer the Laklands, they give a little bit more even response IME.

I own a JO4 exactly like this except I dont' have the stacked knobs, I love it, it's my #1 bass. I've been thinking about getting this one as a backup but I've seen to much weight variation in the Skylines to buy it without a semi accurate weight.

btw, these JO's have the best necks EVER!

14. flyman, those lines are just reflections from the backporch wooden railing. There's nothing like that on the bass.

15. Oh..and thank you junior for answering flyman's question. This Lakie is the first I've owned. Now I've got the US JO5 (2002)and I don't even know which pups are on it.

16. AM bump

17. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    +1!!

bump for ya, killer looking JO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.