1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Lakland USA Bob Glaub bass MINT, only 8 lbs.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SactoBass, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    ***SOLD SOLD SOLD*** as of August 20, 2012.

FS: Lakland USA Bob Glaub bass MINT!! Only 8 pounds!
    3-tone sunburst. Serial number BG 355.

I bought this beautiful bass brand new in 2009 from a music store (the bass was manufactured in 2008). It weighs 8 pounds. It has the jazz bridge pickup in addition to the standard P-style pickup located under the metal cover, and it came with the more comfortable jazz width neck (1.5" nut). It came with the Lakland pickups, and out of curiosity, I swapped out the neck pickup with a new Lindy Fralin. The tone of this bass is wonderful. I still have the stock pickup and it will be included in the sale. I added a thumb rest. Other than that, the bass is completely stock.

I have never gigged this bass. I have only played it in my non-smoking home. Yep, that's right. This bass has never left my room since I got it. Never used for a band practice either. I'm 56 years old, and I don't play in bands anymore. I just play at home. It is still, essentially, brand spankin new. No dings, no scratches, no issues. Total mint condition. If you see anything strange looking in the pics, it's a reflection of something (probably from something on my ceiling). If you are looking for a brand new USA Lakland Bob Glaub with the jazz width neck but don't want to pay the new price, then this is it! It will come with the original hardshell case that came with the bass. I question my sanity in selling this because I really thought I was going to keep it for the rest of my life, but I need to pay some bills, so I am putting it up for sale.

I am asking $2250 shipped CONUS. I have over 90 feedbacks on the bay, all 100% positive. I am located in the Sacramento area of California. I accept Paypal. NO TRADES as I need the cash to pay some bills.

2. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    More pics:

3. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Two more:

4. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    And a couple more pics:

5. korybaugus

korybaugus

Sep 27, 2009
    San Francisco
    Freakin' gorgeous!

6. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you, sir!

7. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    PM's replied to.

I had a person ask if the body is ash or alder. It is alder.

I had another person ask if my bathroom scale weighs in tenths. Yes, it does, but of course it could be a few tenths off. What was important to me when I bought the bass was, it felt nice and light rather than feeling like a boat anchor. I have owned 8 pound alder basses and 10 pound alder basses. It's like what Forrest Gump said: ya never know whatcha gonna git! So I was very pleased when I found this alder Lackie that was so nice and comfortable. And of course, that USA Lakland neck and fretwork........it's like buttah!

8. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    I was asked by a TB'er to post a few more pics, particularly of the back of the neck. Therefore.....

9. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    And here are two more pics of the back (one of the neck and one of the body)..........

10. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    SOLD for $2250 on August 20, 2012.

Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.