1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Lane Poor Pickups (NOS)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by wrp, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrp

wrp Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Pair of NOS (New Old Stock) Lane Poor 4.25 SB (soapbar) pickups for sale. These pickups are similar in size to Bartolini P2 pickups, and perfect for 5 string basses.

I bought these from Lane in 1999 for a custom build project that never materialized. Pickups come in their original packaging with mounting hardware.

View attachment 324175

View attachment 324176

Some info about the pickups:

- The SB-family pickups have a single coil with a wide aperture. Like all other Lane Poor pickups, they can be used with any string spacing, since the pickup coil is continuous across the length of the pickup

- Wide aperture pickups consist of a single coil, which "senses" a relatively wider portion of the string. Defining characteristics of wide aperture pickups include a more well-rounded, "cleaner" tone than narrow aperture pickups. They have good fundamental response with a pleasing balanced tone across the spectrum. They can be compared to a "Fender Precision" bass pickup whose magnetic profile is similar.

I’m also including a NOS Lane Poor 2x1 ac preamp.

Some info on the preamp:

- 2 input x 1 output design with user adjustable gain settings

- Can be configured as a single input, 1 x 1, or as a dual input, 2 x 1

- Variable gain of 2:1 thru 15:1 and sonically invisible

This preamp is designed to be used with your choice of volume and tone pots. Full instructions and tools included.

$350 for both pickups and the preamp, shipped Con. US. I prefer to sell together. No trades at this time, unless you have a Jam Pedal Waterfall chorus + cash.

2. wrp

wrp Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Bump

3. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    Awesome. How much do you want for the pickups alone? I don't really want the preamp. :)

4. wrp

wrp Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    PM sent

5. wrp

wrp Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    And SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.