FS: Like New - Pimped SX (Pickups, Bridge, Pickguard, etc)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold!!!! (on Ebay for $225, $35 more than I was asking here of my fellow Tbers, oh well...). I was hoping to hook one of you guys up!

General Info:
    Literally, like new, 2 hours playing time on it and NOT A SCRATCH or BLEMISH on it! I've ONLY played it in my bedroom sitting down, not even with a strap (no belt buckle rash). Bass has D’Addario strings (nickel rounds I believe) installed on it.

I put a VERY nice, heavy duty bridge on it (see pics), very nice pickups, the high end (not the lower end!) Mighty Mite's with the renouned Alnico V Pole Magnets (not cheap ceramic) and a killer looking BRAND NEW jazz pearloid pickguard for it (I have not mounted it yet). All of the above parts were purchased NEW within the last week!

The New Bridge:
    The bridge adds TONS of sustain. The new one weighs about 3 or 4 times as much as the stocker. The stock bridge feels like a piece of tinfoil compared to the new one. When you hit a note, you can go take a shower, eat dinner and watch a movie and the note will still be ringing (well almost :p ).

The New Pickups:
    The pickups by far made the biggest difference. The tone is now UNREAL compared to the tinny sounding stockers!!! The front and rear pickups differ in sound greatly (unlike the stockers). The Alnico V's really live up to what people say about them! Much more depth and "FATTER" sounding than the OEM pickups or other ceramic pickups. Each pickup has it's own volume control (for blending too) and one master tone control for both.

More on the Pickups:
    The other cool part is that when I mounted them, the neck pickup put out a little more volume than the bridge pickup. I was able to lower the pickup in the body to compensate for the increased volume AND getting it out of harms way for you agressive pickers! No more hitting your pick on the pickup and the volume output is still at least as good as the bridge pickup. Funnt how this worked out, very cool indeed!

As most of you know, the SX's come setup like crap from the factory. I set it up to medium to medium low action and set the innotation to perfection (was wwway off from factory).

Sales-pitch, Blah, Blah and Price!
    So why am I getting rid of it? I bought it as a project, the project is done and now I'm moving onto another project (just bought a body, neck, pups, etc). As you can see, I have a good bit of money tied up in this thing (not to mention my time). New these will cost you about $160 shipped to you from Rondo with NO UPGRADES. Mine is LITERALLY like new with numerous upgrades, $$ and time spent working on it. I'll take $195 plus $25 shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Check my feedback here on TB (I have positive on basses, amps, etc) and on Ebay (over 80 feedbacks - 100% positive). If she does not sell here soon, she goes on Ebay ASAP...

Other Options, etc..
    The new Pearloid Pickguard IS included in above price,(in addition to the stock one).
    The old stock bridge and stock pickups ARE NOT included in price. If you want them (I don't know why you would after having the MUCH better stuff now on the bass) it will be an extra $20.
    I also have a real nice, almost new (used twice) BIG, THICKLY padded, nice pockets, black gig bag that I paid $50 for (on sale) less than 3 months ago. If you want this, it's $25 extra.

Bass will be double boxed. I will wrap the guitar in bubble wrap, newspaper, etc (whatever I can get my hands on) and then put it in the first box which is thick and form fitting right from SX and then I have another very thick cardboard box that will go over that. I will loosen all of the strings for the ride too (take pressure off of the neck). This will be shipped via FedEx and you will get a tracking number emailed to you once I ship it.

Have I provided all of you with enough info (I'm an attention to detail nut)??? :D ;) :smug:
  2. Quadzilla

Old Parts taken off the bass except for pickguard which is new, just not mounted

Headstock (reads "SX Custom Handmade" and "Vintage Series")

New heavy duty bridge vs old thin one (Excuse my son's hand, he was "helping" me shoot the photo!) :smug:
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Nice looking bass.....good mods.....somebody steal this please!
  4. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Thats tempting
  5. Quadzilla

PM Replied to...
  6. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If I hadn't bought the 3TS verison of this...I'd buy it in a second...
  7. Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    i am going to ponder this....any possibility of a tort guard?
  8. Quadzilla

All I have is the stock white one and the pearloid one that I just bought. I'm not a dealer or anything, just an ordinary guy, so I don't "stock" pickguards. Sorry man, wish I could hook you up with the tort...
  9. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Man, you should totally tell us where you got that bridge!
  10. jsbach1982

Feb 11, 2005
    Denton, TX
    +1 on the bridge info...
  11. Quadzilla

I'll post that info back in the Essex Mega Thread. Need to keep this thread limited to discussion around the bass for sale. Thanks guys!
  12. Quadzilla

If I don't get any bites here tonight, I'll prob put her on Ebay. I have my new stuff coming and want to get the money for that handy before the parts come to my house (today or tomorrow) and the Mrs starts having "issues" because I don't have the extra money to pay for them... :eek: :D ;)

So if any TBers are interested, act now cause I'll be putting her up on Da Bay with a "Buy it Now" for quick sale (same price as here or higher)...
  13. Quadzilla

Well no bites here so she's up on Ebay (at a higher By It Now price that I was asking here). As per the TB For Sale forum rules, I will not post a link to my auction... The original offer noted at the top of the thread still stands for my fellow TBers!

Thanks guys and gals! :D
  14. Quadzilla

Sold!!!! (on Ebay for $225, $35 more than I was asking here of my fellow Tbers, oh well...). I was hoping to hook one of you guys up! :bawl:
  15. rsgars

Aug 6, 2003
    NY State
    I would have loved to buy this off of you but really didn't need to spend the money. I'm glad it worked to your advantage.
  16. I would have bought this ,,my dsl has been down....
    So do you have any more projects like this?
    I need a back up to my jazz fretless
  17. Quadzilla

Well I'm in the process of building a bass (bought a body, pickups, neck, electronics, etc). We will see how that goes and I'll let you know soon... Thx
  18. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    If it wasn't for the gold hardware :X