1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Line 6 Variax 700 Bass (Black)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dominic DeCosa, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    I'm selling a Line 6 Variax 700 bass that I bought used about 4 years ago. I've taken very good care of this bass. The body has a few very minor scratches in the finish, mostly on the back. There's a small dent in the finish on the back of the neck. The pickguard is slightly warping on the lower horn of the body. These are all very minor defects. The electronics work great except for the volume pot. When you turn the volume down the bass starts to crackle. The pot either needs to be cleaned or replaced. I always leave the volume all the way up so I never got around to fixing it. I have no way of testing the RJ-45 port so I can't say whether or not it works. I'm including the Line 6 DI box which can be used to power the bass when you use the Planet Waves stereo cable which is also included. I'm also including the Line 6 gig bag. I'll get some more pictures up soon.

I'm asking $500 shipped.

Attached Files:

2. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
  3. Dominic DeCosa

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    The bass is on hold as it's having some electronic issues (the bass tone knob stopped working).

4. Dominic DeCosa

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    *UPDATE*
    For some reason the bass pot has stopped working. Everything works fine except the bass pot and the volume pot, which crackles when you turn it. This could be a simple matter of replacing the pots but I don't care to spend any more money. Quite frankly, I'm just tired of looking at this bass. I've decided to sell it as it is.

I'm dropping the price to $400 shipped. Feel free to make me an offer. I want the bass gone.

5. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Just a suggestion, i shipped a Variax across country and it was having issues when it arrived. the guy took it to the nearby Line6 shop and turns out that the ribbon cable had worked its way loose in transit. It's only held by friction. Anyways, it's an easy thing to check. Hope it helps...

6. Dantzer

Dantzer

Jun 29, 2009
    Dom . . .

If you still have the bass, I would be interested in it. How can I email you?

Rb

7. Dominic DeCosa

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    Here are pictures of the two dings on the bass. The first one is on the top of the bass. Its the little oval near the middle. The white specks are just duct reflecting the flash. It took a lot of light to get the ding to show. The second ding is on the back of the neck.

Attached Files:

8. Dominic DeCosa

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    Here's a picture of the slight warp on the pickguard. It hasn't gotten any worse since I bought the bass.

Attached Files:

9. Dominic DeCosa

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.