Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Lined Fretless 6

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Balor, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    hi everyone

I've had this bass for 2 ½ years now but it was originally built for a local bass player and friend of Pierre Laporte (the builder) in 1996. The body is swamp ash, the fingerboard is macassar ebony and the neck is a tight grain quarter sawn rock maple. It's a 35'' scale. The spacing at the nut is 1.975” or 10mm string to string. It's 3.45 at the bridge or 17.5mm string to string. The fingerboard is 3.125 at the 12th fret and 3.53 at the 24th. Since the bridge is a Kalher, you won't have any difficulty to change the spacing of the strings. The tuning keys are from Gotoh and the top nut is made of bone. The electronic is dead quiet, it's the dual coil from EMG with passive control 2 volume and a tone. It's wired for 18v operation. The control cavity is shielded with carbon paint.

I'm only selling it because the 7 I have is taking the vast majority of my playing time. Since I have 2 basses, a 7 and an 8 string, this 6 won't see to much action... It's strung with TI flats buth I have a set of d'Addario Chrome that I'll ship with the bass.

I'd like to get 1800 Canadian dollar for it plus shipping if needed, but I'll consider any reasonable offer. Here's the front and back of the bass.

thanks
    PL

Attached Files:

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Small world man! Pierre Laporte is amazing! He does all the work on my basses and installed a birdseye maple ramp on my Spector not long ago. Is it possible I saw your bass (neck) in the shop last September? I remember walking in and seeing a Conklin 7 string neck hanging on the wall and thought "Oh my I wonder who that belongs too", I don't see too many (in fact none at all ) of those in this neck of the woods. Hey I live in Longueuil. Maybe we could get together and chat some time, I'd love to try her out, I'd really love a PL but don't have 2 grand at the moment :( If ever it doesn't sell and you hold onto it for a while gimme a shout at the end of the summer. Anyways Sorry for the hijack but you have no idea how excited this got me, good luck and bump for an amazing bass!

Baker

3. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Hey man, I saw the ramp and your bass at the shop... small world indeed! The Conklin neck on Pierre's wall is mine as you guessed. It's getting prepped for a new fretboard and body... I bought it use and it had some serious damage do it.

Anyway, the bass is still available.
    PL

4. chimp

chimp

Dec 4, 2004
    South Africa
    Would love to take it off you but don't have the $$$. Thats what it always comes down to! Nice bass.

5. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    thanks for the kind works.

I might consider a trade for a 7 or 8 strings if anyone is interested. I doubt this will be usefull, but it won't hurt to ask... :)

PL

6. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    bump with a price reduction...

7. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I'm confused - does this bass have an on-board preamp or is it totally passive? Thanks.

8. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Hey Hippiesandwich

You can have active pickups and active electronics. They're not related, though they both need some batteries to work. The wording isn't as clear as it could have been, but I thought it said what I meant... The EMGs are powered with 2 9v batteries. The controls are passive with 2 volumes and 1 tone.

hope it's clearer.
    PL