1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - Loaded but Unused Warmoth '51 P-Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by shriekback, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shriekback

shriekback

Nov 25, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    I bought this Warmoth '51 Pbass body essentially as it is now a little over a year ago from a fellow TBer. My own musical activities have tailed off since I bought it and I have decided to pass the project on to someone else.

It came from the original owner with all cavities fully shielded with copper tape and with the pickup, bridge, battery box, output jack, and pickguard installed. I also bought from the original owner a John East 2-band preamp that came complete with knobs. The preamp still needs to be connected to the pickup, but all other wiring is done. A small bit of the control cavity was routed to make room for the preamp, but you cannot see anything unless you take the plate off and look.

I have since collected everything else to complete the bass except a neck. This includes pickup and bridge covers, straplocks, a neck mounting plate, and I even have a basic but decent gig bag for it. Only the gig bag and the neck plate have ever been used. The rest is essentially as new. Screw holes for the straplocks and pickup and bridge covers have not been drilled. The only issue is that the pickguard is a bit rough at the neck cavity. This would not show with either a Warmoth or Moses neck installed, as the fingerboard extension would cover it completely.

All together:

• Warmoth 5.2 lb. Ash '51 PBass body with factory cream finish.
    • Custom tortoise pickguard
    • Gotoh bridge
    • SD Basslines single coil pickup
    • John East 2-band preamp w/original knobs (1 vol., stacked tone)
    • Installed battery box and output jack
    • Pickup and Bridge covers
    • Straplocks (still in package)
    • Neck mounting plate
    • Gig Bag ("Willie's American Guitars")

184_8441.gif
    184_8442.gif
    182_8294.gif
    182_8290.gif
    182_8288.gif
    182_8289.gif
    182_8276.gif
    182_8273.gif
    182_8298.gif

I got a great deal, so I am going to offer someone else a great deal:

$335 PayPal'd and shipped in ConUS.

SOLD

2. shriekback

shriekback

Nov 25, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    The preamp is a John East BTB-01 which retails at bestbassgear.com for $150 + shipping. It has treble boost/cut, a bright switch, and bass boost. You can see the specs here:
    http://www.bestbassgear.com/btb-01-preamp.htm

I have the wiring directions for it which include where a mini-switch could be added to allow you to be able to toggle between active and passive on the fly.

3. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Oh, man!

4. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Drooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!:ninja:

Thread Status: