1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Loaded Fender US 62 Reissue Body-Nordstrand-Audere

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by phishaholik, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Once again, I have to sell everything I can to help pay for my DB, so I disassembled my jazz and I'm going to let everything go but the neck. I had this strung up with a solid walnut Precision neck and it just nailed the vintage jazz tone like no other. This is a US made Fender 62 reissue body painted in black nitro. It's in good shape without any major dings or scrapes. There is hazing and spider webbing from being wiped down with an unclean cloth. I would put the condition of the body as 8.5 out of ten. It also has a tort guard and Gotoh 201, like those used on Sadowskys. The body has been completely shielded with copper foil and it is buzz free.

The pickups are brand new Nordstrand single coils and the preamp is a drop in Audere. The Nordys are my favourite single-coils by far. They sound deep and punchy with plenty of vintage warmth. I've found the Audere to be very useful and powerful. The Z-switch is especially useful.

I don't have the Audere screwed down as of right now, that's why there is a gap in the picture. I never cut the leads on the Nordys and I would have to do that for the preamp to fit nicely. If you want it hooked up and ready to go, it's no problem. If you don't want the leads cut, I can ship it as is.

Price: $475 shipped CONUS. It's all ready to go and just needs a neck. I take money order and paypal. I may be willing to split it up, but I'm not sure. Feel free to ask.

I'll get some better pics up soon after I dust the bass.

DSCN0121.jpg

Michael

2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll take the Audere if you decide to split it up

3. I have a fretless neck that would be amazing on this - standby....

I've heard these Nordy's are killer for fretless. True?

4. PM sent

5. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Honestly, I've never had a fretless with Nordy's but they do sound excellent on a fretted bass. Both of my jazz basses have them I would definitely buy them again.

Michael

6. Do you have any pics of this assembled (just for kicks, cant afford right now)? I think I may have been the original owner.

7. you don't have the original control plate?

8. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I'll scrounge around my puter and see if I can find any pics. I do have a four hole control plate, sans pots and jack, I could include with it.

Michael

9. Cool. FYI, if it indeed is my old bass I think the neck is wenge, not walnut.

10. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.