1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Loaded Precision body - just add neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Jan 20, 2012.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I just bought a bass, planned to use some of the parts, but it turns out now that I don't need any of the parts. So it goes on Talkbass, I guess. Anyway, I'm selling the neck and body separately - each loaded, of course. The neck is for sale here.

The body and bridge are from a Squier Vintage Modified bass. I believe the body is agathis but I'm not 100% sure. The pickguard is an aftermarket (possibly WD) three ply, B/W/Tort.

The bass is loaded with a Bill Lawrence P-46 pickup - one of the best sounding P-pickups out there, as well as CTS pots with orange drop cap.

Overall it is in very presentable condition with a few minor dings and typical player wear.

The tort pickguard was not cut cleanly around the 21st fret overhang of the fretboard. Probably because the Squier VM body must have a slightly deeper neck pocket than standard Fender spec. I will include the original black pickguard, which is cut a little cleaner around the neck. I also must disclaim that the screw holes for the two guards did not align so there is additional holes under the guard. The bridge has some wear in the chrome wear the saddles touch the bottom of the bridge plate.

$135 + shipping o.b.o. (lower 48 only at this time.) No trades.

Pics:

IMG_0853.
    IMG_0854.
    IMG_0855.
    IMG_0856.
    IMG_0857.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA