1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Loadstone Primal Pro 5 - Sleek and Sexy - LEDs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    This is a very rare original Lodestone Primal Pro 5 String Bass that was built by Ashdown in the UK.

Contoured for comfort, yet making a definitive style statement, the Lodestone Primal Pro Bass combines traditional and modern materials to steer bass development into an exciting new era. Carefully selected tone woods are used in construction – alder for the body, Indian rosewood for the fingerboard and hard rock maple for the slim, narrow and smooth neck, which features a 2-way adjustable truss rod.

The contoured body design enables funk players unprecedented access beneath the strings for dramatic pulls, while the body cutaways combine with a sculpted neck joint to provide easy access to every fret.

Another important Lodestone breakthrough is the LaidBack headstock which angles the tuners backwards, making them much more accessible for comfortable, convenient tuning. This radical design also facilitates an optimized string path, further ensuring the integrity of the instrument.

EMG Hyperactive pickups are used in a classic J configuration, and are amplified by Lodestone high-output, low noise active circuit, with controls provided for volume (x2), bass and treble.

A comfortable 34" scale along with a lightweight carved body weighing only 9 pounds 12 ounces make for a great playing experience. This one is finished in a flawless St. James Silver and it looks fantastic under stage lights!

The FretFX LEDs are included along with a custom fit Loadstone gig bag.

There are absolutely no dings, dents or scratches of any kind on this bass. It's in perfect condition and it looks brand new.

$750.00 shipped and insured in the CONUS

Trade ideas will be cheerfully considered. What 'cha got?

More photos can be seen here: http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/swpyne/Lodestone Primal Pro 5/

I thought maybe some new photos taken outside might stir up a little more interest. All the other photos can be viewed by going to the above link!

100_7226.
    100_7224.
    100_7228.
    100_7230.
    100_7231.
    100_7233.
    100_7236.
    100_7237.
    100_7243.
    100_7246.
    100_7247.
    100_7248.
    100_7249.

2. Holy future, Batman!

3. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Awesome! That's a sweet looking bass, GLWTS!

4. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    These are incredible basses. Does this one have the ceramic saddles?

And these are no longer made in the UK, right? They are currently being made cheaper in eastern Europe from what I hear.

Someone is gonna get a punchy-as-heck modern J. I regret selling mine.

5. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    It came with the ceramic saddles but one of them cracked so I replaced all of them with standard metal saddles. Mark Goody with Ashdown did send me some replacement ceramic saddle pieces but I never bothered to put them on because the bass sounds great just the way it is.

This particular bass was built in the UK but the current models of Ashdown basses are being made in Hungary I believe.

You are correct, this is a very punchy beast. A bass that simply can't be ignored in any band setting.

6. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    I am very interested, you didn't respond to my pm

7. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Pm replied

8. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    I'm still here!

9. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Great guy to deal with here folks. Not my cup of tea but you can believe the description is probably better than he is giving.
    Good luck with the sale. Killer price!

10. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I am almost hooked. What is the string spacing and is it adjustable?

11. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    The string spacing is 18mm but it is not adjustable due to the monorail bridge configuration. These days I'm finding that I am quite comfortable with 18mm spacing even though most of the basses I have played for the last 10 years or so have been 19mm. I find having it a little narrower actually increases my right hand speed when playing 16th note passages!

12. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Do the single coil pickups have any noise issues.

13. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    No, none that I have ever noticed!

14. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm giving it some serious thought

15. spectorj

spectorj Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2005
    West Columbia, S.C.
    PM'd

16. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    One more question: can it also be played in passive mode?

17. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Nope, there isn't an active/passive switch on these. It's active all the time. Trust me when I say the this bass has some really great tonal complexity and even with the two band preamp it's quite easy to coax all kinds of tones out of her. A very versatile girlfriend for sure..... :cool:

18. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Great bass bump. For what it's worth, I've had on loan from a buddy this exact bass in black. I've been playing it quite a bit for the past couple weeks. Just a great sounding and playing bass, easily worth twice this price!

19. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I'm surprised that this is still here. As popular as J clones are, there should be more interest in this.

20. cjlembo

cjlembo Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Pm sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.