1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Lots of basses + Guitars (G&L, Zon, Fender, Les Paul, PRS)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Hey all, putting this in one uberthread for clarity's sake. I'm cleaning house of a bunch of axes that don't get the love they deserve. More pics can be found at my Picasa page

All prices include shipping in the CONUS, and I am open to reasonable offers. I'm not a fan of PayPal, so payment will have to be via bank check/money order/cash in person/etc. If you've got a REAL good reputation on TB, I'll take a personal check but we'll have to wait for it to clear before shipping. These instruments are all in excellent playing condition with minimal, if any, wear (except for the Les Paul guitar, but I'll get into that shortly), and are all 100% gig-worthy with no issues. Axes are completely stock except where noted (i.e. the Fender and the Les Paul). Possible trades I'd be interested in are at the bottom. I also offer a 7-day trial period starting from the time the axe is delivered to your doorstep. If you don't like it within that period, you can return it to me minus the cost of shipping. First up are the basses:

G&L L-2000 custom 4-string fretless, $1300:
    P1000551.
    Awesome, awesome fretless! Blueburst finish on flame-maple top with wood binding, gunoil-tint Jazz neck, figured ebony fingerboard, matching blue headstock, and gold hardware. Currently strung with TI Jazz Flats, which gives it tons of 'mwah' and growl on the ebony fingerboard.

Fender '75 MIJ Reissue + upgrades, $900
    P1000552.
    Fantastic example of a rock-solid MIJ Fender jazz. This was my first 'real' bass that I gigged heavily "back at the turn of the century", and had some work done on it over the years. It has a John East J-Retro preamp, bone nut, and DiMarzio UltraJazz pickups in it, and is currently strung with TI Jazz Flats.

Zon Sonus, $1300 - SOLD and shipped!
    P1000543.
    Fun, light bass with exceptionally low, stable action and a very 'modern' tone. Stock Zon pickups/electronics, graphite neck.

and now the guitars!
    PRS SE Singlecut "Tremonti Signature", $400
    P1000534.
    Excellent condition PRS SE, this was my 'Les Paul without the weight issues' guitar that I would do jazz brunches with around the Worcester area. Very classy vibe, improbably light, and great clean tone (I'm not a rocker, so I've never really experience the 'distorted' tone of these guitars)

PRS SE Hollowbody, $400 - TRADED locally
    P1000537.
    Like-new condition PRS SE, an impulse buy that I never took outside the practice studio. Very fun and light axe, hoping someone can put more miles on her than I could have!

Wine Red Les Paul Studio, $900
    P1000556.
    My baby and first 'real' guitar. I bought this one used from a down-and-out Boston musician on Craigslist and have had her almost ten years. Most of the wear was put on her from the previous owner and is all cosmetic. She has no cracks in the body, neck, or headstock, and is a fine working-man's guitar. I have not done any modifications to her aside from adding an Allparts LP pickguard, and I *believe* the electronics, etc, are all original, but the previous owner may have swapped out stuff here and there without telling me. I'm not a Les Paul guy, so I don't know how to tell for sure. Solder joints on the pots and pickups *appear* to be factory, but again I'm a player and not a tech.

Trade-bait: I'm not really on the market for anything right now, but I missed out on a SEX-AY blacked-out and relic'd Nash jazz a year ago, so I could be persuaded to trade for one of those. I'd also be moved by the right four-string Kubicki or high-end hollowbody jazz guitar.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I just shed a single tear for each of those beautiful basses that I cannot afford.

3. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Yum.... Zon Sonus. I need this badly. Somebody please buy my Berg AE410!

4. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    PM'd

5. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    PM Coming!

6. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    All PMs replied...

7. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

8. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Hey all, the Zon is sold pending funds!

9. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Comin' home baby!

10. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump!

11. mp sent!!!

12. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Say, are those Dunlop Dual Mode strap-locs on the Zon?

13. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Nosir, those would be Schaller Standards. None of that Dunlop nonsense in *this* household ;-)

*dons asbestos overalls* :ninja:

14. ^This

15. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I wish I wasn't OCONUS... And my wife would let me buy such beautiful expensive basses. Free bump :D

16. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Aaaand the Zon is on its way to sunny California!

17. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Yessssssssss!

18. That G&L is amazing!

19. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Fretster, there's a lot of sad people on Talkbass today. Right up until I updated the thread, I was getting "...let me know if that Zon deal falls through" PMs. I think you're going to be very happy with her ;-)

Burlington: Make me a reasonable offer, and she's yours!

20. If I can sell my Ibanez I totally will :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.