1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Lots of proactiv acne solution

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Kwesi, Jan 12, 2008.

1. OK, I've got 7 unopened and 4 opened but never used cases of the proactiv 3-step acne cleansing program. Basically, i used to need it now i don't, lol. The stuff works, the commercials are corny and hyper-dramatic but the stuff works, and well at that. I'd give it about 4-5 days before you REALLY notice that it's taken effect.

I'll set the price at $30 a case. They will all ship in original packaging including the directions and mini-catalog of proactiv products. Some of the boxes are a little beat up (pencil marks, blemishes in the cardboard, etc) but none have been used or even removed from the box. I'll estimate shipping at $5-10 because i haven't checked yet. I can ship multiple cases if you want.

Proactiv 3-step acne solution cases left: 11

2. Is this a TB first?

3. quite possibly.

My face is clear, but I have acne on other parts of my body, and it's really irritating to not feel comfortable in your own skin.

I'm using phisoderm body wash right now, so I don't think I'll have to do that proactive thing yet, haha.

4. It's always good to be original :D

5. Well, if that stuff stops working for you you know who to PM, Proactiv does not differentiate body parts :p

6. :p

I'm guessing that Proactiv is the Samuel L. Jackson of acne treatments

[​IMG]

7. More like the Chuck Norris of acne treatment ;p

816aer6.gif

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What?

-Mike

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    That, my friend, is amazing.

10. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I used Proactive "system" for a while, and it does work really well. Forget the informercials and the natural distrust that comes from anything that is advertised this way. The cleanser is great (has benzoyl peroxide in it) and the medicated creme is good too - not too strong, which is actually better than super strong stuff (it's better to use a mild medication on your whole face, rather than super strong stuff just on a small specific area, to help prevent new breakouts). I wasn't really using the astringent very much (it's good, I just seemed to skip that step). I cancelled my "subscription" because they were sending it to me faster than I could use it (which is annoying).

This stuff does have an expiration date, so heads up on that.

Anyway, it's good stuff.

11. Word on the street is, you can crush some aspirin, mix with water, and rub it on your face, as a poor-man's astringent.

12. does 1 case contain each of the necessary materials for use?

how long is 1 case supposed to last?

thanks!

13. haha, this thread is bringing up the acned TBers among us :)

14. I use Proactiv and it does work. My mom bought me a bunch of it awhile back and stopped the subscription because I also didn't use it fast enough. There's lots of times where I didn't use it at all.

I seemingly have genetic based acne, since my dad still gets pimples (he's in his 60s), and I'm 28. My acne, usually in specific areas (where the jaw and ear meet is the worst), pops up at random times. And when it pops up it's unmerciful. It really sucks getting a pimple in the middle of your back!

How much does a normal case run for usually? If it's enough of a deal I may pick one up for myself. You never know. :cool:

15. from proactiv a new case cost $20 for the first one and $60 for anyone after that. Most my stuff shouldn't be expired but proactiv admitted themselves that after the expiration date it works perfectly well just slightly less effectively.

16. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    + expiration date?

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021