FS: Lotus P Bass (70s? 80s?)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave120, Aug 4, 2009.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    This is an old Lotus P bass which I recently acquired and just haven't ended up using very much. I don't have a way to date this other than these were made during the late 70s and in the 80s. It definitely gives off that kinda vibe to me, reminds me a lot of the MIJ Fenders of the 80s. The build quality seems to be quite good. 21 frets, fretboard extends over the body a little bit.

Here's what's been done to it:
    Replaced original bridge with a similar bent metal type since the original was pretty nasty looking, but I didn't drill the front 2 holes for it. Standard Fender 5 hole bridge will fit if you want to change it.

Pots have been upgraded to CTS 250k with orange drop cap and the control cavity and pickup cavity have been shielded with copper foil. The pickup is original as far as I can tell and actually sounds pretty good so I didn't bother changing it out. The finish on the body is a nice vintage white/cream color which looks like aged lacquer. Whether it's really lacquer that's aged or it's a color made to copy it, I think it looks good.

The back of the neck has some dings and scratches on it, but the front looks great. It's a nice satin finish that has a vintage Fender-ish hue to it. The action on this bass is pretty low and it doesn't have any fret buzz when I'm playing it. The tuners work fine and it stays in tune well.

Looking for about $130 shipped, but I'm open to offers and partial trades. I'll also trade for a SX Jazz bass with a black body, doesn't matter what neck it has fretted or fretless!

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    TTT

3. Cool old bass!! I'm suprised someone hasn't grabbed it yet.

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    It is a pretty neat bass, I'm just trying to condense my collection into ones I use the most, and I'm more of a P/J guy than anything else so I just don't use this one as much as the others. It plays and sounds great.

5. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    TTT

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021