1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD fs: low down sound lds 28wt

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by yodedude2, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

hello all, offered for sale is an lds 2x8" 28wt that i bought here on talkbass. i have used it for a few gigs and never had a bit of trouble with it. this is one tough, great sounding cab! the 8" speakers are very stout and have some sort of coating on the cones. each one of them resides in their own separate chambered area, as does the the tweeter. the cab does show signs of use; there are a couple of chips and/or scuffs on the grille. the corners are scuffed but not cracked. 4 ohms, 350 watts. $250. shipped in the conUS via fedex ground. paypal or usps m.o. okay. click here for more pix.

lds.

lds1.

2. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    yo yodedude--

Did you use this as a stand alone in small venues (rehearsal) or to flesh out a bigger array?

Inquiring mindless minds...

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Weight?

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Trades considered?

5. yodedude2

yo lee, my bass cousin and soul brother! the answer to your question is yes...when i played with the 3-piece rio duo (electric/acoustic guitar player, dobro/lap steel player, and me on my fretless barker b1), i used it as a stand alone. the bass would be the only thing not run through the pa. for the rock band, i would stack it on top of a neox 112t or my carvin 18. bluntly, the low end this thing can put out always surprises me, especially considering its size.

we hooked up my practice electronic drum set thorugh a small g-k head and ran it through this cab the other day for a quick mini-jam, and it sounded nice! much better than the powered pa speaker i normally use.

...rehearsal? i've heard of that...i tend to do all my rehearsing these days on gigs! LOL...later, ron

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I used one (it's possible that is the one) at church. Did great by itself (with a 400RB.) I could literally carry everything (including bass) to the car in one trip.

7. yodedude2

somewhere close to 38 pounds according to my bathroom scale. the cab itself is made of plywood, yet chambered, and the 8s have some quite hefty ceramic magnets! thanks, ron

8. yodedude2

yes. my preference is a straight sale. there is nothing i am really gassing for at the moment, but as always, all reasonable offers of any type will be considered. thanks, ron

9. Dimensions?

10. yodedude2

appx. 20.5" x 12" x 16.5", about 38 pounds. thanks for asking! later, ron

11. Thanks. PM sent.

12. yodedude2

the cab is sold pending payment. thanks everyone, ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.