1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Low End LEJ 6-24 Firemist Gold

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ad9000, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    *******TRADED*********

I had this bass listed for a while about a year ago, but I stopped trying to sell it as I was digging it too much. However, my financial situation has recently dictated that I move some gear, so here it is again. It was displayed (and purchased by me) at the NAMM show in Jan 2009. Of all the Low End basses at that show, this was definitely the one that got the most attention.

I'm dropping the price to $2250 shipped to the Continental US. I'm not interested in any trades right now.

Included is the Body Glove gig bag that originally came with the bass. I added Dunlop straplocks, and I had Brian (Low End owner) send me some old-style Jazz Bass pointer knobs to replace the chrome knobs that were originally on the bass (& I returned the chrome ones to him).

Weight is a very comfortable and well balanced 10 lbs - I was actually surprised it weighed out that much. 24 frets, 34" scale, alder body, birdseye maple fingerboard on maple neck. Overall width at nut: 2 1/8". Low End-designed electronics and Kent Armstrong pickups. Controls: vol/vol/passive tone + pull active defeat/treble + bass cut & boost (stacked pot).

The bass has received some minor gig scars, though none that really draw your attention unless you look closely. There are a couple of scratches - both near the top of the lower bout on the treble side (see last photo). One is about 1 1/4" and the other is about 1/2", and they are in the clear coat only, so they aren't very noticeable unless you look from a certain angle. Also, there is a ding about 4mm in diameter in the same area, which I couldn't get to show up in a photo. That doesn't go through the finish either. There are a couple of very tiny (1 mm) dings elsewhere on the body, and some minor scratches on the top control plate. The pickguard has the typical swirly fingernail scratches that you get if you so much as breathe on it for any length of time. Also, in the process of replacing the knobs, the top shaft on the stacked pot got a little gnarled up. That is obviously not visible unless you remove the knob. There - full disclosure!

Note: in the pictures of the rear of the body, the stick-on clear plastic stuff was still on the control cavity cover - it has since been removed. The pictures also show chrome pickup mounting screws, which have since been replaced by black ones (for cosmetic reasons only).

Hope it can find a good home!

LEJbodyfront.

LEJbodyrear.

LEJfront.

LEJrear.

LEJcontrols.

LEJheadsorckrear.

LEJheadstock.

LEJscratch-1.

2. me like :)

3. morguedoc71

morguedoc71

May 22, 2009
    I think I just drooled on my keyboard....

4. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    Wow! :eek:

5. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    oh my

6. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    SO nice...

7. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    A couple of specs I forgot to mention: the electronics are an 18-volt system, and the pickups are humbuckers. The bass sounds really good in passive mode, too. Also, there is virtually no fret wear.

8. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove

Wow, Killer bass, I love mine.

9. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    TRADED! Thanks Roy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.