1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: LowEnd True-Voice Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by cosmicevan, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    I recently acquired this pre-amp and it is absolutely amazing! However, after seeing the Olympus LS-10 and evaluating my current disposable income situation it is a sad truth that in order for the LS-10 to come in, something needs to go out. The True-Voice is the newest to the family and I haven't fallen for it yet in the way that I love my U5 and I can really put the LS-10 to use.

Asking $385 shipped to your door. I'm not really looking for trades since I'm only selling this to fund the LS-10. Ideally I'll find another way to get the LS-10 so I can keep this, but I'd consider a trade for:
    - Olympus LS-10 (duh)
    - EBS MicroBass II (been GASing for one of these for a while)
    - maybe some other hi-end preamp or recording gear or hi-end effects?

This pre-amp is exactly what you'd expect and exactly as described by the LowEnd bass shop. It takes the natural goodness of your bass' tone and adds the sound quality of a hi-end tube pre-amp without any unwanted coloration aside from just what the tube adds.

It's a fully hand-made, point-to-point wired bass preamp and uses a single 6S*7 Octal preamp tube for greater headroom and dynamics. Very simple control layout: single input, Vol, passive “tonal balance” tone control, active/passive switch, bright switch, mute switch. Around back are two ¼” outputs, balance DI out (a vintage UTC Ouncer transformer DI, at that! Very flat and rivals the heralded Jensen..) with ground lift. This is an older, table top model without the headphone jack, but rather a tuner out.

(from the Low End website):
    The design behind the LowEnd True-Voice preamp was to allow your instrument’s voice to speak with out added eq. Preamps today color the signal as soon as it enters the unit. Even when a preamp is set flat, you never hear your true instruments voice. I have heard over the years players talk about the live signal to the soundboard when recording sounded so good and how they wish they could achieve it live. After years of not using preamps at The LowEnd bass shop and running guys straight into power amps and then into wonderful bass cabinets we have always offered. Many guys would find out that the bass they had not been happy with, wasn’t the bass at all. But the rack or cab setup. For years I've stripped down everything as far as I can so that the customer can have a foundation to build on with his/her bass and knowing its True-Voice with out being forced into a particular brand of cabinet and head combo.

The LowEnd True-Voice Preamp is point to point wiring. This preamp with out a doubt will change people’s views on a high quality preamp, which demonstrates the purity and quality of the instrument, and give even more control to the player!

We are using a 6SN7 Tube for more dynamics and tonal range then the standard 12AX7 produces most others use. The features of the True-Voice on the Front are 1/4 input, Master Volume and Tonal Balance. There is a Mute and Bright switch mounted on top/front of the unit. On the back you will find dual 1/4 outputs and a DI. This might be the truest Tube DI on the market with all point to point wiring and no circuit board what so ever!

This was very well cared for….excellent condition. Comes with a custom foam lined hard case (with room for x-tra tubes) and…as a bonus…includes the following tubes:
    * Sovtek 6SL7 - the 6SL7 is a higher gain tube which provides a bit more grit (and makes this pre have a vintage Ampeg B15 quality to it)
    * Tung-Sol 6SL7GT tube
    * ElectroHarmonix 6sn7 Gold pin/Cryo sealed tube (very nice EH tube - my fav sounding tube of the included)

Some pix from a previous owner:
    TrueVoice_1. TrueVoice_2.
    TrueVoice_3. TrueVoice_4.
    TrueVoice_5. TrueVoice_6.
    TrueVoice_7. TrueVoice_8.
    TrueVoice_9.

2. madisqbu

madisqbu

Oct 2, 2006
    Estonia
    hi, I have a rack version of Truevoice, but i reallllly would like to have a desktop version. Unfortunately you are not interested?

3. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    PM at ya.

4. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    and to the top...

wished I had that Olympus LS-10 for 2 jams I had this week...maybe for some upcoming jams? BUY THIS PRE (or I'll have to keep it and get the olympus w/ my economic stimulus package).

5. When you get the LS-10 be sure to do a review of it here....I've been wondering about sound quality.

6. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    sold. payment received...shipping today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.