1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Markbass NY 604 (4x6") - Two Cabinets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by DrewFolkadelics, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrewFolkadelics

DrewFolkadelics Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    *PRICE DROP*

Hello TB!

I am putting up for sale my Markbass cabinets that are discontinued and utterly awesome in terms of size and weight yet surprisingly loud and deep with great tone.

My gig schedule has slowed down immensely. I just don't need these anymore. Breaking down this mini-stack of doom after a gig was great...

Each cabinet is:
    4x6"
    8 Ohm
    ~17"x17"x17"
    33 lbs. (carry w/ one hand w/ handle shown in example pic)
    600 watts handling
    1" tweeter w/ d-pad

Price for TB'er's is [DEL]$400[/DEL] $385 for each or [DEL]$775[/DEL] $750 for the pair. Shipping/Packing Expense is on the Buyer but I'll send it the cheapest (but still safe) way I can. I am in NYC if anyone can do local. Would rather not deal with international, sorry guys.

PM me to get it movin'!

[left pic are my cabs, right pic shows the handle]

Attached Files:

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    would love to have these back again...i don't get too hung up on bass cabs, but a pair of these has definitely been my favorite in terms of sound

3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    i wish

4. How does this cab handle the low B of a 5? I'm in the market for either a MB Combo CMD 121 or 151, or a MB Little Mark III head with a small MB cab. I've got a large MB rig, but am looking for something portable for practice and for use with my smaller gigs.

5. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    I think it handles the B with great ease (I only play 5 and I gigged these all of last year with excellent results). I was absolutely blown away when I first plugged one in. The size and weight don't seem to match the low end and punch. I don't own an LM III but I have tried one out on these cabs and it matched very well. With both cabs it was ridiculous.

6. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    I loved the punch on the one I played. I only wish the highs sparkled a bit more with my bass/amp combo. The only reason I returned mine to GC was I decided to splurge and route my funds into a custom built cab option. Definitely loud; enough that I could hang with my band with one cab (212 guitar combo, drums/vox, and louder than we should be).

7. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    You couldn't get the high end even with the tweeter up, monster? Thanks for the support comment; I think a lot of people would be surprised by what these cabs can do.

These are now on hold for a local buyer...

8. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Just came across this. Please let me know if the local deal falls through.

9. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    I will let everyone know if the local deal doesn't go through, in order of when they asked. Thanks!

10. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood

It wasn't terrible, just a bit under my target with my rig. Good luck. If I had more money and space, is sure grab these.

11. GFDBGuy

GFDBGuy

Aug 17, 2004
    Are these available? I would be interested in one of them and I live in NJ, so I can make a local sale. At least for one. Let me know.

12. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Potential deal is this weekend. I will let everyone know the outcome. Sorry to have them on hold.

13. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

That's what we get for being late to the party... ;)

14. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Local deal just fell through! PM'ing in order...

15. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Sold! Thanks, TB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.