1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MarkBass TA501 Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jdwinva, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    This is an absolute mint MarkBass TA501 Bass Head. Has on-board tube compressor and rack ears. $700 shipped in the US only.

1335113[/ATTACH]"]http:// bassstuff006.

Attached Files:

2. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Only a few more day and then it goes to eBay!

3. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    How's the compressor on this dude? Does it do hard limiting well? Also, your pics don't seem to be coming through. Thanks!

Matt

4. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Stringbass69 - the compressor will do hard limiting if you set it at 10. I usually set it around "2" for a more subtle compression effect. Either way the tube character colors the tone and makes it sweet.

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I had the chance to try one of these out at GC and spent about an hour with it. I almost walked out with it. It's a darn good amp and if I didn't have the Fusion on order at the time this would have been at my house.

6. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    These are incredible amps. I've got one and a LMII. If I had to let one go it would definitely be the LMII. Good luck with the sale.

7. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Thanks!

8. Love mine!

And the compressor is the best on-board comp that I've tried, including an older Eden WT-800 and even older SWR SM-400s. Like it better than the RNC, too!

Bump for a great amp.

dcr

9. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Come on guys - make me an offer.

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    +1000. Its a compressor that you really can believe in and it isn't afraid to address the real issues (of your tone) head on.:)

11. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Bump

12. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Payment sent. Looking to try it vs the LMII and the BB750. Winner stays, losers go.

13. jdwinva

jdwinva

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    ****** S O L D **********

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.