1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Mesa Bass 400+ & Ashly SC-40 ParaEQ/PreAmp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MSUsousaphone, Jul 4, 2012.

1. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    SOLD!!! [DEL]I LOVE this Mesa Bass 400+.....but the wife is preggers with quints and I'm thinking I need to get away from 16 tubes.....even though they ARE 16 tubes of amazingness...and they're in great condition so I don't think they'll need changing for the next few years....but....man....so I'm seeing if I can raise the funds for it. So if it sells, sweet I own a Glockenklang, if it doesn't sell, oh well, I still an an awesome amp that gives me a great sound.

Ran it through a tech a two months ago and everything got the green light. Works great and (other than a little bit of rack wear) looks about as mint as a 30 year old piece of awesome can. It's LOUD. Clear and articulate. Also clean....you won't find dust on it. It's been well taken care of. Asking $875 pp for it. I'll ship for $75 CONUS.[/DEL]

The Ashly SC-40 is a GREAT preamp. Vintage Geddy to the extreme. Works exactly as it should. A few scratches and two of the knobs are missing the decals on the end of it....all cosmetic stuff. I was using it with a Mesa Strategy and it sounded amazing. But all these kids coming is making me shift down to a one cab rig. Asking $195 pp shipped CONUS.

***Package Deal offer: I have two 21" Spectraflex instrument cables (blue with one right angle plug) that I'll throw in with the Ashly for $10 each....or ship to you solo for $25 each. No pics of the cords, yet, but they are only two months old, nothing wrong with them, look brand new, and are these bad boys:

http://www.amazon.com/Spectraflex-F...8&qid=1342188833&sr=1-11&keywords=spectraflex

Trade interests:

Hit me up, I'm open to anything. Really looking into Ableton software or a Swell B-Drive or B-Pro.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Bump for the Quints. OMG.

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Thanks, my man.

And yeah.

OMG.

4. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bump!

5. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Thanks, Sonnyman. Pics have been added!!!

6. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Two package deals now offered that include two 21' instrument cables and/or a 6 space rack, spacer, and Furman power conditioner.

7. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Whelp....the Mesa is sold. Now I have to figure out the best way to get a tube amp down to Australia......

8. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Burbank, CA
    Yikes!

9. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Not as bad as I thought. Shipping was $240 (packaging, too).

Ashly bump.

10. I have an SC40. Really flexible preamp and sounds great, especially with my J bass. Bump.

11. I'm trying to wrap my head around the price of the package deal. I've been looking for a 6-space and a rack pre for a while. So what is the total amount of the package deal for the Ashly, rack, furman, and spacer?

Thanks, Rob

12. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    PMed

But the rack was sold a few days ago. :(

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Can't believe you gave up all that tube goodness

14. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Yeah.....I've got a Glock Blue Soul on the way....so I'll soon see how smart the move was sonically.....but space-wise, I had to.

And thanks, bro. :)

15. Somebody buy the Ashly!

16. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    HAZZAH!!!

17. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Only one cord left.

ASHLY BUMP!!!

18. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    All is SOLD!!!!

But it won't give me the option to edit the first post at all......so I can't close it......