1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Mesa Boogie 1516B cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by hobbes1, Dec 15, 2011.

1. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    I have one of these big boys for sale, no trades please as I need the cash to offset other gear purchases.

This cab has a 1x15, 1x10, 2x6 mids and a horn with attenuator all in one cabinet. The cab is covered in black Tolex. I am the only owner of the cab, bought new in the late 90's. It is in fully functional condition, sounds great and cosmetically in great condition too. It's a 4 Ohm cab or can be bi-amped at 8 ohm for the top and 8 ohm for the bottom. There are four removable wheels/casters on the bottom of the cab.
    The cab is pretty heavy so would prefer a local sale in SE Va. area. Will consider shipping in the CONUS but you will have to pay the cost, in addition to the sales price, based on your zip code.

price: SOLD. cash only (paypal ok) and sales only in the CONUS. No trades please.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Ah, if only closer.

3. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    @someparts: what? no road trip?? :)

4. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    bump

5. CTC564

CTC564 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    Great cab...I had one in a flight case (Road Ready) that I wish I never sold :-(

If I had the cash...I'd jump on that

6. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Anyone want to bring this to Nebraska for me?

7. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    C'mon guys, help a brother out! :)
    Make some one a happy camper this Christmas!!

8. how much would shipping to minneapolis cost?

9. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I played this one and it will peel paint! It looks almost brand-new, too.

Bump for a neighbor (really) and good luck with the sale!

Riis

10. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    thanks Riis!
    @punkrockmike: PM sent

11. Oh man, this is tempting... I'll be down that way later too to play a peabody's show.

Is it a PITA to get in and out of places around town? I can't even imagine getting this up to shaka's or peabodys, but those places have decent PA support.

12. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    @Almighty...hit me up if you want to check it out. i know with the holidays coming, time is tight but maybe we can work it out? PM if you are interested. The cab is heavy but it is well balanced, on big removable casters and has recessed side handles. it can be done with one person but two would be faster and easier. Cab sounds like thunder! :)
    thanks

13. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    bump

14. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    bump

15. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    How much does that monster weigh?

16. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    i don't have an exact figure, as attempting to weigh it on the bathroom scales is problematic :) but i'd estimate about 90-100lb.

17. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    The 15 looks to be an EVM 15L....any idea what make the smaller drivers are?

18. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Thanks. I wish it wasn't but its alittle heavy for my surgically enhanced back. Lol.