1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD FS: Mesa/Boogie Basis M2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Mental Octopus, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    These were discontinued a few years back...has seperate solid state and tube preamps and the ability to EQ each one seperately. You can blend the 2 and each side has its own compressor.

I bought this 3 years ago and it has been my main amp since then. It has seen a lot use and took a bad fall a while back...I just got it serviced the other day for the following things:

• Top right rack ear was extremely bent. It was able to be bent back straight but some of the black finish around it has peeled off.
    • The circuit boards were a tad loose when the tech checked it over, so he tightened them.
    • A three way toggle switch had popped out - it was replaced and it now works flawlessly.
    • One of the tubes was weak, so it was replaced with a JJ ECC83.

I will include the invoice for all this work upon request, as well as the box that the JJ tube came in. The footswitch is also included.

I have been playing with this amp all day and it works better than before, no issues right now except for some rack rash and a couple of light scratches on the front.

$750 shipped! split fees if paying with paypal. Add $70 if you want the 4 space ATA road case. This needs to go because I'm going off to school in september..NO TRADES.

100_0368.gif

100_0370.gif

100_0375.gif

2. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    thats a prety good deal, they have 2 of them at guitar center for 1200 each and there prety destroyed.

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    bump, its on ebay for more money....

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Two channels eh? So would one be able to have a nice clean channel and switch or blen at the stomp of a foot to get some good fat distortion/overdrive???

5. Bassist01545

Bassist01545

Jun 30, 2006
    Bump for great amp

I use one exclusively, with a variety of basses--this amp could make a tin can sounds good.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Are you refering to Hartkes?

7. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    bump - lowered price

8. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    bump

9. MadisonEast

MadisonEast

Sep 6, 2006
    pm sent

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.