Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS - Mesa/Boogie Bass 400+

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mo'Phat, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mesa/Boogie 400+

I just swapped this out with brand-new new JJ/Tesla tubes. Tubes have less than 20 hours playing time on them. You will also get the original set of Mesa tubes as well.

Some minor rack scratches on bottom, but is still very clean and very loud.

$750 - buyer to pay all shipping charges - I live near San Diego, CA. ZIP code 92027, I'm guessing about 50 lbs shipping weight.

These go on eBay all the time for this price, with tubes of indeterminate age, I paid $225 for the complete tube replacement set, so you're getting one heckuva deal here. PM me for any details.

- - edit: Forgot that I paid $225 and not $256 for replacement tube set.

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
  3. No pics. Sorry. I can assure you it looks exactly like a 400+.

The scratches on the bottom are rather artistic, and if you relax your eyes, you can see a sort of 3-D dolphin leaping from a turbulent ocean. ;)

Actually, I'm taking pics tonight (hopefully)- I had to get it from my rehearsal room. PM me your email and I'll send them to you asap. Thanks.

4. Two more, and that's all you get.

5. Anyone? C'mon, y'all know this is a great deal!!!

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    E-Mail sent

7. On hold for RAZOR. I'll keep everybody informed.

8. Thanks to everybody for their interest, but I've sold it to Razor.

He was a pleasure doing business with.

9. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Right back atcha' buddy!! Excellent guy that Mo'Phat!
    Review to come but I'm really impressed so far!
    :hyper:

10. Welcome to the club Razor!

11. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I saw this EXACT item for sale on a craiglist listing, for the EXACT same price, EXACT same tubes (J/J Teslas), also for sale out of San Diego. I was jsut wondering if youre email address happens to be something like FonkayPhat@...?

and if this is that same person, I'd jsut like to know why you didnt respond to any of my 3 emails (from napalmjunkie@yahoo.com) i sent you regarding this amp. As it is, I've already bought a 400+, but I just was annoyed when people put up a listing and dont respond to people. :mad:

12. Man! I apologize so much, that was me. I don't know what happened, I put that ad up in the Reader, Craigslist, and SDmusician all with the FonkayPhat@hotmail address, go home for the weekend, come back and I can't access the account. I call and email Hotmail (MSN) about it and they say there's nothing they can do because my password doesn't work. The entire account was blitzed from their system. I was extremely pissed, but all they said to do was create another account.

There was nothing I could do to retrieve any emails for that account.

For that, I'm honestly sorry. I don't know what happened and I don't know if there was anything I did to cause the Hotmail SNAFU.

For what it's worth, I relisted it On April 26 - HERE, and I did put my phone number on there, and could be reached 24 hours a day. I reply to everybody's emails/voice mails/smoke signals, and morse codes.

Sorry it didn't work out. I'm trying to sell my Mesa Cabinets, though. Any interest in a 4x10 or a 2x15 Powerhouse series?

13. PS: Even though RAZOR was an exceptional buyer, don't you think if I'd have known there was somebody LOCAL who was at all interested, I would have jumped all over it and saved myself the hassle of shipping? It was a pain in the ass...

14. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    What are the specs on the power house 215 series, and how do they compare to the Diesle series? How much are you thinking?

Peace
    -Ben

15. HERE'S the link to Mesa's cabinet info site. I'm asking $600, but shipping is going to be outrageous to Wisconsin from San Diego.

I'm pretty sure the major differences between the Diesel's and the Powerhouse are the speakers. They used to have PAS speakers, but now I think they're Eminence, but I'm not sure. Then, of course, Diesel's had a black leather covering and the Powerhouse have a vinyl-like covering. The Powerhouse are still rock-solid cabinets, but Diesel's have such a great reputation.