1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Mesa Boogie Bass 400+

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jlaplante, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ in like-new working condition. Almost no cosmetic flaws. I bought this unit about 4 years ago off Talkbass, but have use it little since. It was used as the mid+high chain of a biamp rig (that included a Crown MacroTech for the lows), and it truly sounded great, but by the time I had hauled this rig around for a year or so, I was finished messing up my back and it sat in my garage since.

I had this unit completely retubed with JJ Tesla tubes custom ordered from EuroTubes.com about 3 months before I quit using it and it was rarely played after that, the tubes are basically virgin, a $160 value.

One cool feature I love about this unit is the DI which comes directly off the speaker outputs, retaining all the tube goodness for the house PA.

Asking $1150 shipped to lower 48. No trades please.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Bass%20400%20Plus.pdf
    http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Bass_400_/bass_400_.html

• Bass 400+™ Bass Amplifier
    • 4 Rack Spaces
    • Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
    • 500 Watts @ 2Ohms, All Tube, Class A/B Power / 12x6L6, 4x12AX7
    • Fixed Bias
    • Two Inputs w/Independent Pull Bright Volume Controls
    • Pull Shift Bass & Treble Controls (Standard Mid Control)
    • Defeatable 7 Band Graphic EQ
    • Dual Patch Point FX Loop (Front & Back) w/Blend Control
    • 600 Ohm XLR Balanced Out
    • Slave Out w/Level Control
    • 3-Speed Fan Cooled (Off, Low & High)

More pictures here: http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/johnlaplante/Mesa%20Boogie/

MesaBoogieBass400001.

2. Bump - All new tubes and I pay shipping for a great amp in ex condition...make me an offer!

3. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    will trade you my eden wt-400 and a alembic f1-x even for your mesa 400+. I pay shipping to you and you pay shipping to me.

4. Sorry not interested in trades

5. I have a 400+. PM me

6. b0b4f377

b0b4f377

Feb 3, 2008
    Morristown, TN
    Bum bum bummmmmmmm....

7. bass1107

bass1107

Jun 4, 2003
    Darlington, SC
    Would you use a "dishpack" and take to Fed Ex to pack in bubble wrap as suggested in one of the threads above?

8. I hope that you don't have this still in a couple of weeks because i just may have to buy it.

I am a union pipe fitter and I am waiting for a job to start next week; if it does and you still have this amp we'll talk.

Dan Breslin

9. Sorry, it finally sold this week :crying: just shipped today to a happy TB camper :hyper: