Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS Mesa/Boogie M-2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JoshB, Dec 19, 2005.

1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I got this amp awhile and after fixing it, practicing with it and using it for a few gigs, I'm just not digging it as much as I thought I would.

For the sake of disclosure, when I got the amp, there was no output due to the main output pot coming loose. After a quick fix, (and putting the whole thing back together...) I found out that the FET channel had very little output but the tube was just fine. So I dug back into the amp and found out that the same problem was occuring with the master volume on the FET channel. Another quick fix, and it worked like a champ.

There is alot of tonal variety in this amp, but I'm not sure if I have the patience for it right now. There's just simply too much on my plate to spend that kind of time with a head working on getting my tones out of it. (My wife and I are closing on our first house the Friday...and she wants to have a new years party...sheesh!)

That said...this head is great!! I can already tell from my limited time with it that if someone had the time to dial them in, this head could provide an absolutely stunning array of tones.

I'm really looking to sell this head as I have been offered a great deal on another. Trades for this this head are unlikely at this point but possible trades I'd be looking for are a tube/SS hybrid head with a good amount of wattage or a pre/power setup or others? Lightweight is always a plus. I might be able to add some cash to the right head.

I'm looking to sell this for $700 with a functional, but beat up old SKB 2 space rack. Shipping will be split with the buyer. I'd like to sell this ASAP, so hop on it before Christmas...you already bought presents for everyone else, now it's time for you!

NOW WITH PICTURES!!! YAY!
    http://www.redletter7.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Someone should buy this.
    Josh is very trustworthy.
    You can not go wrong.

3. JoshB

That's like a weird haiku or something...thanks Vic!

4. JoshB

bump for picture link added to post...

5. JoshB

Email sent in return...