Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Mesa/Boogie M-Pulse 600

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by silky smoove, Apr 12, 2005.

1. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I've decided to sell my Mesa/Boogie M-Pulse 600. This is a fantastic amp with a lot of very useable features. The amp itself is in fantastic condition, and I just replaced the two 12AX7 preamp tubes about a month ago with new stock direct from Mesa/Boogie. The product page for this amplifier is located here: http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/M-Pulse-600/M-Pulse-600.html

Specs:
    2 - 12AX7 Preamp tubes
    3-band pre-EQ (active bass/treble, passive mid)
    5-band parametric EQ section
    compressor
    solo-channel
    footswitch (EQ, Compressor, Solo, Effects)
    adjustable level DI out
    active/passive inputs
    600 watts @ 4 ohms (sounds VERY loud)
    front and rear venting

No pictures of the amp right now, but I'll be able to post some tonight or tomorrow. Until then, rest assured that this amp is in immaculate condition.

Asking price is $900 shipped to the lower 48 US. If you're outside of the lower 48 US, please contact me via talkbass or at edge_q5@yahoo.com to discuss pricing.

Thanks for the interest!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You ever make it over to this side of the mountain?

Ah heck, I'll send a PM.

-Mike

3. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Forgot to mention:
    This head comes with the original factory footswitch, footswitch MIDI cable, footswitch carrying case, owner's manual and the original box from the factory.

4. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    On MX I'm Edge, over here at TB I'm Silky :D

5. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hi Silky, is the Fan on your Mesa 600 as noisy as it is on the Walkabout? I just picked up a Mesa Walkabout and LOVE the tone. Great for live gigs, but if I was playing in a queit, intimate setting, the fan is audible from 10-15 feet away.

6. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Hmmmm, I wouldn't say that its audible at 10-15 feet on my amp, but its definitely audible at say... 5 feet.

7. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Can this amp work at a 2 ohm load, and if so, what is the power output at that point?

Are there any marks or scratches, or is this unit in brand new condition?

How old is the unit?

9. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    The manual lists that it should only be run at a 4 ohm load. That being said, Benjamin Strange (among others) have reported running their Walkabout heads down at 2 ohms with no problem. Since this head is basically just the big brother of the walkabout, I would assume that it could be done, however the manufacturer does not recommend it.

The only mark on the entire unit is a small scratch along the top of the case that's maybe half an inch long. If you rackmount the head you will never see it, nor does it affect the functionality of the head.

The unit is from 2003. That being said, I just dropped some new preamp tubes in it about a month ago.

10. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hi Silky - Was there a reason you put new Preamp tubes in a month ago? Seems a little new to be needing preamp tubes. They typically last longer than power amp tubes or so I've been told. Were you looking to improve the sound or fix a problem that warranted installing new pre-amp tubes? Does this amp have a tube driven power section also? Thanks.

11. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I was simply curious as to the effects of changing out preamp tubes. I ended up leaving the new Mesa tubes in their, but there were some others I thought sounded better, but had MUCH lower output. Yes, its got a tube driven MOSFET power section.

12. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
  13. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Going..... going..... GONE!!!

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Damn. :(

15. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry, ended up taking a trade with a fellow TB'er that was exactly what I was looking for..... I love the TB classifieds.