1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Mesa Boogie original Bass 400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by prsbass, Oct 1, 2008.

1. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    SOLD

Just bought this here on TB a short while ago as part of an experiment. I totally dig this thing but I found a Mesa Strategy 500 that suits my needs better. If I had endless amounts of cash and storage room I'd keep it because it really is a great head and I'm sure I could find a use for it occasionally.
    I haven't done any work to it and I have only played it about 10 hours since I bought it.
    Here's the original sales thread with full description.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453863

I notice the pictures are gone from the original thread so I'll post some tonight.
    $775 picked up
    $800 shipped lower 48
    All other countries contact me shipping quotes.

2. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    As you can see there is some cosmetic stuff but it has it where it counts.

IMG_4718.
    IMG_4720.

3. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    IMG_4719.
    IMG_4721.

4. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    IMG_4723.
    IMG_4722.

5. Can these run at 2 ohms?

6. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    I'm not sure I find this to be confusing. The manual kind of says it doesn't matter, but it does say 4 and 8 are optimum. I can tell you that I powered two 4ohm Schroeder 212L's with it with no problems.
    IMG_4732.

7. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Right, it doesn't matter. Back when I bought the first 400 head I called Mesa because I have two large 4 ohm Mesa cabs. And they told me the head works fine at 2ohms, you simply plug into the 4ohm jacks.
    It is confusing in the manual, but it does say it there too, that the head works fine with two 4ohm cabs in the 4ohm jacks. And I will say that using the Bass 400 this way since 1991 it's not a problem. :D

8. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Thanks for clearing that up:D

9. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Sold