1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS - Mesa M9 Carbine in Mesa Head Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Pedulla-Player, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    FS - Mesa M9 Carbine in the Mesa Head Case in mint / new condition. There is still 4+ years remaining on the warranty.

The M9 comes with the owners manual , a cover , foot pedal (also with cover) , and 4 high grade replacement tubes. I'd prefer to sell the M9 in the head case and not sell them separately if at all possible.

I purchased this head brand new about 7 months ago from Cascio Interstate Music in New Berlin , WI. The serial number is M9-000766.

My old band broke up a few months after I bought the M9 and my new band just had it's 1st gig on New Years Eve , so this head has only been gigged 5 or 6 times.

In my old band my amplifier provided all of my bass so I needed a powerful amp (Hence the M9). In my new band I run through the PA so the M9 is overkill for my needs (stage sound) , and that is the reason that I'm selling it.

Mesa has fixed pricing for their dealers and the price for a new M9 Carbine in the Mesa Head Case (Pro-Net) is currently $1549.00 , but will going up to $1749.00 in a couple of weeks. I've seen some online Mesa dealers have already implemented the new price increase - the others will soon follow suit.

New M9's in the Mesa Head Case sell for $200.00 more than the rack mount M9's.

The only trade that I would consider is a Genz Benz ShutlleMax 9.2 new in the box plus some cash to boot. Otherwise I'm just looking for a cash sale.

$1025.00 plus half of shipping. CONUS only - No international sales. Payment method = PayPal

2. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Here are some photos:
    MesaM9Carbine003.
    MesaM9Carbine009.
    MesaM9Carbine011.
    MesaM9Carbine013.
    M9case003.
    MesaM9Carbine015.
    MesaM9Carbine020.

Photo of the Mesa M9 with my old Stambaugh (Another bass that I miss besides my Skjold).

100_2408.

3. is this this updated, cooler-running model?

4. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    I called Mesa and they said it was. I bought it new about seven months ago , but it was at the music store a couple of months before I bought it. I was told it has the extra venting and extra fan , but I never took it out of the head case. The video that I'm going to post was outdoors on a hot August day and it ran like a charm. The amp has never given me any issues and sounds awesome. It's just more than I need in my current band. I know that I'll miss it when it sells.

5. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Here are 3 YouTube video links of me playing through the M9 at my old band's 2nd last gig this past August 20th on a HOT day for a local firemans picnic. The M9 provided all of my bass since I didn't run through the PA in that band.

Stray cat strut - YouTube

Long Haired Country Boy - YouTube
    Those are my little girls dancing in this video - My biggest fans! Lol ;-)

6. any chance you can get a pic of the serial number?

7. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Guys, Pedulla is great to deal with!

8. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Hey Alphaman - So are you!
    I'm just sorry that I had to let the Skjold go. :crying: I'm sure that we can all say that about a bass or an amp thou. ;) Thanks for the compliment.

Hi namuxtree. I tried to take a photo of the serial number when I took the photos that I posted , but it was night time and the room was dark so I had to use a flash and the serial number badge just whited-out.
    I'll try again soon. I posted the serial number in the initial post of this sales thread.

I did a search on the M9's that have sold over the last few months and they were all the rack-mountable heads which is why they are less than what I'm selling mine for. Plus some didn't have the foot-pedal , and none had extra high grade tubes to go with it. Just an FYI. ;)

9. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Here is a photo of the serial number as per request.

Mesa009.

10. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Price dropped to $1000.00 and I'll pay all the shipping.

11. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Possible trade pending......

12. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Traded - Thanks Alphaman!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.