1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Mesa M9 only 8 months old

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Scott McArron, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm downsizing my rig yet again. Going the lightweight route, not that this is heavy, but looking for something that'll fit in my gig bag.

This M9 is 8 months old so plenty of warranty left on this. I'm the second owner, the first owner had it for 5 months, and I've had it for 3. It is my favorite amp bar none. The sound is like a massive hammer, but can be controlled in so many ways by the EQ, voice selection, high quality onboard compressor, footswitchable graphic EQ, etc. I've simply never heard or felt an amp that I like more than this. Wish I wasn't so lazy, but I'm also moving to Germany this year and don't plan on owning a car for some time. I need something super-portable.

M9.
    And, yes, those are the settings I use pretty much all the time with my Berg HS cabs and Lakland 55-02 set flat.

I'm asking 875 shipped, will add the SKB 2-space rack that it lives in as well as a 5-foot SpeakOn speaker cable for 50 bucks. The ONLY trade I will consider is for one of the new Tecamp Pumas, a 500 or 900 in single space format. I'm moving to Germany after all, might as well own some German gear.

Note: Does not come with the Foot Switch Mute/Graphic EQ switch controller. It broke in shipping when it came to me. They can be bought separately online.

Edit: Someone brought up to me that I had posted about a noise issue with this amp in the past. That issue was just a loose ground screw on the board that must've gotten loose in shipping to me. The tech tightened it up, charged me the shop minimum, and this baby has been as quiet as any amp I've ever used in the past. Gig with it about once or twice a week. It's been solid. Simply an amazing amp!

2. PMs replied. Original post edited where shown.

3. Dang, sold already, and I probably won't get the chance to A/B it with my new itty bitty Puma 500. oh well! :smug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.