1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MIJ 1951 style blonde Fender Precision Bass with Fralin pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by uOpt, Mar 3, 2013.

1. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Anyone wants to buy my P51?

I have both covers for this, and two pickups:
    • Fralin P51, with box (this is the vintage single coil, not the noiseless version)
    • Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder, Basslines SCPB-3

It is in very good condition, sounds good and plays with no issues. Cosmetic nicks are some rubbing off some paint on the lower edge of the headstock and that drilling the screw holes for the pickup cover had some extra paint peel off (see last photo). The pickguard has pick scratches (duh). No cracks or repairs.

Ideally I would like to sell it as a whole package, with the Fralin mounted and the QP to the same buyer. The bass is in a Gibson gigbag. If you want a case I can pick up a used one from a local music store that usually has something $50 or lower.

$700 [lowered] with both pickups in the gigbag. That includes shipping and paypal fees, but I'm asking that people west of the Mississippi contribute another $15 to the shipping (sorry, the carrier price hikes are killing me). Or a'la'carte:
    • price lowered to $700 with both pickups (Fralin and Quarter-Pounder), both covers and gigbag
    • price without neck, tuners and gigbag (but including both pickups, neckplate + screws) is $480
    • If you don't want the Fralin subtract $70, if you don't want the Seymour Duncan subtract $30, neither pickup - subtract $100

Color disclaimer: photos come out differently on different monitors, so I usually clarify what the color looks like in person. This bass has a yellowish color (not really period correct but that's what the MIJ look like) with medium see-through. The neck appears to be slightly tinted with gloss finish.

img_8940__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

img_8952__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

img_8934__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

img_8936__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

img_8937__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

img_8932__mijp51_editauto_med.
    Click for 5616x3744

R&B and 99Z3 like this.
  2. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bumpage.

3. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Changes:
    • price lowered to $700 with both pickups (Fralin and Quarter-Pounder), both covers and gigbag
    • price without neck, tuners and gigbag (but including both pickups, neckplate + screws) is $480
    • If you don't want the Fralin subtract $70, if you don't want the Seymour Duncan subtract $30, neither pickup - subtract $100

4. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Still available.

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Weight?

6. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bump.

7. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Weight is 8 pound 10 oz without covers.

8. el basso

el basso Supporting Member

nice!

9. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bump.

Available complete or cheap without the neck. Fits any standard Fender neck.

10. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    love these basses!

11. Good deal on this people!

12. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bump.