1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: MIJ Fender Medium Scale 32" Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bunny10, Mar 16, 2010.

1. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    I am selling the last of my 32" MIJ Fender Jazz basses. It is in excellent condition. It is a Fender not a Squier made bass.

It has a skunk stripe on the neck. It is the only one I have ever seen with a skunk stripe. The neck is like new with no signs of wear.

It also has the truss rod adjustment on the headstock so it is very easy to adjust the neck if you live in the northern climes. I also have never seen another 32" with this truss rod location.

It has active EMG pickups because I used it to record with. I bought it used with the active pickups. I had a luthier put an 18 volt battery compartment on the back which you can see in the pictures.

Its serial number is P059954 so it was made in 1993 or 1994.

As I said it is in excellent condition. It does have one or 2 very small dimples, but nothing of any note.

SOLD !!!!!!!!I am selling it for $575 which includes shipping and a hard shell TKL case which is also in excellent condition. SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

DSC02265.jpg

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

2. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    As Arte Johnson used to say on Laugh-In, "verrrry interesting!"

Coupla q's;

- Tone. Do you have a recording or link to something that would give an indication of the sound of the active EMG's? Can you describe the sound? Bright? Suited better for slap? Any way to get a more "P-ish" sound?

- Neck. Width at nut and shape. Modern "C" or something else? I'm looking for slim and fast myself.

- Weight? Would the smaller scale pay weight dividends?

Great looking bass. Thanks in advance for the answers!

B

3. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    No recordings.

Sounds just like any Jazz bass. It's a Jazz not a P.

1.5" width at nut.

7.25" radius neck.

No idea what shape neck is.

Very slim and fast neck.

Very light weight. No neck dive.

It's a Jazz bass that's 32" rather than 34". In all respects it sounds and acts just like a 34" Jazz.

4. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    I forgot to say that I will do some sort of bass and cash trade for a Birdsong Bass.

The reason I have been selling off all of my 32" J's and P's is that I had a freak golf injury to my wrist and hand a few years ago and if I play any neck except a Birdsong I get a lot of pain after about an hour. So I have been selling the Fenders/Squiers. After this is gone I will have one 32" P bass left, which is the mate to this J bass

The 32" basses are tremendous sounding and playing, and it breaks my heart that I can't play them any more. But at least I can still play bass.

Also someone asked if this can be made passive again? The answer is yes and all you need to do is take out the actves and drop in the passives. You can do it in about 15 minutes. Very easy to do.

5. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    For those of you asking about the 32" Precision Fender Bass. I originally wasn't going to list it til after this Jazz sold. But I have decided to let both basses go up for sale at the same time. So here's the link and good luck to all of you.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639537

6. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    I would like to buy your bass. PM sent.

7. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    A Deal Is Pending.

8. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    She's coming to Kanada!
    Yay!

9. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Sold to the man holding the Gold Medal for Hockey.

We here in Pittsburgh have Sidney Crosby and the Stanley Cup.

It was so great that if we had to lose to Canada that Sid The Kid would score the winning goal. A real story book ending to a great game. Sidney is a real champion.

10. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Yup, even us Habs fans like the kid.
    I actually scolded one of my son's little friends (9 yrs old) when he said Crosby sucked.
    I sense a meeting between the Habs and Penguins this post season.

11. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Bump just because I like looking at it!

12. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    Annoying because I didn't move fast enough ;)

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020