1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MIJ Fender P Bass Lyte Deluxe Defret/ Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DannDubblewe, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    I purchased this bass from one of my friends a few years back and decided I had to have a fretless. I've played it only a handful of times, and have found out I am a fretted man. Here are the gritty details:

Made in Japan, Deluxe model with Active preamp (3 band EQ, blend/vol.,), mahogany finish, brass hardware, stock P-Bass pickup upgraded to Seymour Duncan Basslines Quarter Pound P-bass pickup (I believe to be the SPB-3) in the neck, stock Fender double jazz humbucker in the bridge. It is missing all but one of the string-through ferrules.

I defretted the bass and then filled the cavities with polyurethane and put polyurethane coats over the whole board. It is most definitely not a professional job, but it holds tune well, is properly intonated, and plays wonderfully. I had it set up by the fabulous gentleman at the Low End. Upon receiving the bass back I found to my discontent that above the 12th or 14th fret on the E string the notes did not sound. This is because the fretboard was not level after I finished my sanding job. They had to use the MicroTilt adjustment and move it back, so the action is just a little higher now. It wouldn't take too much time to sand that side of the fretboard, but I never had an issue with playing the bass the way it is. Currently strung with SIT Silencers. It can get a gut-churning growl and unbelievably fat thump.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The body has a good amount of dings. There is an 1/8th inch indention right after the 3rd fret side marking dot on the neck, some dings in the headstock, and a "Guitar Heaven Nashville" sticker on the back of the headstock. There are no structural issues at all. This is a solid players bass. I haven't weighed this bass personally, but from research I believe it to be around 7.5lbs. I will double check later to make sure, but it's definitely light.

[DEL]$275[/DEL] $250 shipped to your door, PayPal is good, lower 48. Only trades I would consider would be a TC Electronic Nova Delay, Boss DD-6 (or 3), 3xFx fuzz of any kind, Boss OC-2; all + cash from you. If you have something else to trade just PM and we'll see!!

I do not have a case for the bass, but I will pack it very well and with care. If you need more photographs or any information at all, just PM me or reply

2. DannDubblewe

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    BUMP for price reduction!

3. Still available?

4. GusGusTx

GusGusTx

Apr 26, 2010
    Austin, TX
    With fear of echoing Paradigm, Still available?

5. omg i cant believe this is still available,PEOPLE i just sold my fender p bass lyte (regular version) for 350 shipped,this guys bass is upgraded and the deluxe version ,which is why its really crazy how this isnt sold

6. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    I Love`em but im in Oz. I try to collect Lytes, Zones & the Jazz Bass Specials which are identical to the Lytes.
    It will sell on Ebay.

7. Too bad it's defretted. I'd be all over it otherwise. But fretless isn't my thing.

8. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Lytes are a good bass. Never had any issues with neck or P/u.

9. DannDubblewe

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    No solid interest yet...This will be one of the last bumps before I put it on eBay :(

Buy me bump!!

OH, and I've forgotten to add that the serial begins with "Txxx..."

10. Too bad you de fretted it.. these are $600

11. DannDubblewe

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Yes. I know I basically committed a crime. BUT, I have a potential deal locally - if that falls through it goes to eBay, so I'm closing this thread. Thanks for the interest!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.