1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: MIJ Ibanez Prestige SR3006 w/ Barts and Aguilar preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Mar 11, 2009.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I've gotten myself in deep with restoring a vintage Wal and I need to raise some money. I love this bass and its a fantastic deal for the money. These are hand-made in Japan and the quality is leaps and bounds above any other Ibanez I have played. The fretwork is top-notch. There are no rough ends, high spots, or any other issues. The neck is a beautiful cross of bubinga and quarter-sawn wenge. This is the stiffest neck I've ever had on a bass. It barely even needs a truss rod. The neck pocket is nice and tight. The body is all mahogany with some nice figuring. The pickups are US Bartolini soapbars and the preamp is a professionaly installed 18v Aguilar OBP-2 with bass and treble controls and the compartment was fully shielded. This bass was professionaly set up when I got it and playability is great. It sports a new set of DR Lo-Riders. The B string is by far the best I've ever played on a 34" scale. Its even better than the Ritter I used to have, no joke! I absolutely love this bass and I don't want to let it go, but my Wal needs me. This bass has build quality better or equal to many basses I've owned that were thousands of dollars. The volume pot is a little scratchy and so is the battery compartment. There is some players wear, which you would expect with a natural mahogany body. The worst is a series of dents on the back. Get a great playing and sounding six for very little money. You honestly can't get a great playing six with these electronics for even close to this price.

Price: $650 plus shipping. I take paypal and money orders.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    What is the string spacing?

3. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    String spacing is 16.5 mm. Its very comfortable.

Mike

4. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Trades? Or how about a deposit? I had one of these a few years ago,and regreted selling it. Gotta get another one.

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    pix of the back? How does it balance ?

6. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Wow... great deal for a quality 6er. I wish I had the need for another! Bump for you...

7. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland
    I owned this exact model a few years back and it was a great bass. Excellent build quality and playability. With the Aguilar pre installed the only weakness I can think of is eliminated. By the way, the mahogany on the body is the nicest of any of these I have come across.

8. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks for the kind words guys,

Sorry, I can't take any trades right now. I really need the money to pay for the repairs to my Wal. The bass balances nicely. It has a touch of neck dive when on a strap, but it hangs a little below a 45 degree angle with a cloth strap. Here's a couple more pics.

Mike

Attached Files:

9. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    PM sent.

10. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    bump

11. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    PM sent.

12. Calvan

Calvan

May 13, 2008
    San Diego
    GAAAAASSSSSS

if i can come up with the money.... consider it sold

13. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Hi Guys,

I have a sale pending. I should know if its a done deal by the beginning of next week.

Thanks for the interest,

Mike

14. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    This one is mine! Payment on the way tomorrow.