Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Mike Lull Modern 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Lockout, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    This bass has been sold.

Bought this bass used in near-perfect condition about 2 months ago... It's an incredible bass, but I've since realized that I'm just not a big fan of Fender-ish sounding/playing basses. I've been playing Spectors exclusively for the past few years, and I think I've just become too accustomed to their tone and feel to play anything else comfortably.

I'm asking $1450 + shipping for it, or possibly best offer. I'm not really interested in trades.

For a bass of this quality, condition and beauty, IMHO this is a great price.

Here are the specs:
    • Very Lightweight Ash Body
    • Highly Figured Maple Top
    • Trans Teal High Gloss Finish
    • 24-Fret Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    • Seymour Duncan Bassline pickups
    • Bartolini Three Band Preamp ( 9 Volt )
    • Preamp is set up with Neck Volume (with Push/Pull for passive mode--preamp bypass), Bridge Volume, Stacked Bass/Treble, Midrange, and a 3-position Mid frequency selector
    • Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
    • Hipshot Style A Bridge
    This is truly an amazing instrument at a great price. IIRC, these basses list for over $3000 new. Here is your chance to get one for less than half that. This bass is in incredible condition with no visible scratches or dings. The only (barely) noticeable sign of wear is a lack of shinyness on the bridge saddles.

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me if you have any questions.

(Note: I would prefer not to ship outside of the USA. -- Unless you can convince me otherwise ;) )

Edit: Here are the new pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a hard time getting the figuring on the birdseye maple fretboard to show in the pictures, so I took one of the fretboard specifically. And no, the strings don't really look that grimy in real life. :eyebrow:

You can also access the pictures from here: link

2. What is the actual weight and is a case included?

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    It weighs around 8.5lbs. This is just according to my bathroom scale, though, so I can't really say how accurate it is. It actually feels lighter than 8.5lbs to me... It's easily the lightest bass I've owned.

I'll be shipping it in a gig bag, but I don't have a hardshell case for it, unfortunately. Mike Lull sells ultra-light hardshell cases on his website if you think you'd really want one.

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Have a pic?

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yep, pics here: link

6. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Anyone interested? I'll probably be taking some more pics today, and I'll post them here when I get a chance.

7. Pics aren't working for me.

8. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Oops! Thanks for telling me. I moved the folder yesterday, but I forgot to update the link. It should be working now.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm interested, but don't even want to waste your time lol

Ray

10. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    lol, ok. Thanks for the bump at least. ;)

11. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Bump. Anyone?

Make me an offer if you feel my price is too high (no trades please).

12. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Bump for the guy who works on my basses! Mike Lull makes some beautiful instruments...

13. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    One last bump. (Auction ends in 6 hours)