1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Mike Lull P5 "Killer" Transparent Orange

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sanwin17, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Here goes another one of my 5 strings. This P5 was custom made by Mike Lull's Guitar Works in 2005 serial #883. Its Transparent orange which really shows off the swamp ash wood grain. I don't think Lull ever did that color before and they described it as "killer" when it was done. The thumbnail is the actual photo that was on the ML website for a while when they used to have a "Recent Instruments" page. It features:
    Swamp Ash body
    Graphite reinforced Maple neck
    Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
    Contoured Neck Heal
    35" Scale length
    21 frets
    12" radius fingerboard
    1 -7/8" nut width
    Bone nut
    Chrome hardware
    Hipshot Ultralite tuners
    Passive electronics
    Custom Wound Vintage "P" pickup
    Aluminum bridge
    8.8 lbs.
    Its very traditional sounding bass with a lot of modern refinements. The neck and frets are in perfect shape and cosmetically the bass is in excellent condition. It can be seen, played and picked up for cash in Edison NJ. Was asking $1600 now reduced to $1400 and will ship free anywhere in the CONUS. Sorry no trades, cash needed for other purchases.
    IMG_0036.
    IMG_0035.
    IMG_0031.
    IMG_0032.
    IMG_0033.
    IMG_0034.

Attached Files:

2. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite!

Jun 23, 2005
    CinCinNati
    Bump for my favorite P5...

If I didn't have one on order,
    this one would be coming home to Papa!!!

3. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Here couple of quotes from a Bass Player magazine gear review from a few years ago:
    "The P5 and V5 aren’t simply end-to-end replicas of vintage Fenders with an added string. They each have more modern touches, like a 35" scale, through-body B string, custom-wound Basslines pickups, Hipshot hardware, and a comfort-contoured neck joint. Both basses were expertly assembled, with near-perfect fret dressing, beautiful finishes, and solid hardware installation. And unlike their vintage ancestors, for which weight was usually a random question of lumber supply, Lull delivers the P5 and V5 with consistently lightweight alder, or in our testers’ case, swamp-ash bodies."
    "The bodies are curvy and sat well against my body. Lull chose a smooth satin-finished neck with a typical shallow-C profile for the V5 and a slightly chunkier C-profile for the P5. Both balance impeccably on strap and lap, with the slight edge going to the P5. Lull includes Dunlop strap locks, a nice touch exemplary of the extras one expects for the price."
    "Just like the V5, the P5 sounds like a slightly juiced-up vintage Fender. All the P-Bass tone colors were there, from mellow brown to gravelly grey. Just like its genetics suggest, the P5 is good in almost every situation, providing solid fundamental and classic tone. The P5’s B string was super. In my memory it’s the first I’ve encountered on a passive P-style bass, and the resulting tone—rubbery, fat, and rich with color—ought to be explored by more bass builders.

The Lull basses aren’t particularly innovative or flashy, but they get the job done with timeless style. It’s easy to get caught up in the hippest new stuff, but the V5 and P5 remind us that quality, craftsmanship, and great tone are usually all the gig demands." Bill Leigh, Jonathan Herrera & Greg Olwell

4. mgbass

mgbass

Mar 31, 2004
    Northern KY
    Great P bass by Mike Lull, I would be all over this but...I have one and someone always want to borrow it when they are in the studio.
    Great bass at a great price!
    Good luck!

5. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I own a P5 Ash body, maple board with a custom wound Duncan pu. It was the only passive P5 on the market back in 2003. Now everyone else has caught on. The Lull P5 is one of the best kept secrets in the industry, IMHO...and at $1600, it's a no brainer.

6. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    I'm dropping the price to $1400 and will include shipping in CONUS. That's $200+ lower than my original asking price. Will consider any reasonable offer. Going once, going twice...

7. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Bump up for new pictures and price reduction.

8. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    I had a sale pending a couple of months back but it fell through. I've been back and forth and whether to keep or sell. But with the holidays coming and gear to buy I've decided its still for sale so I'm bumping it back up.

9. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    No offense to Yankees fans. Just to show the pics are new.
    CIMG0884.
    CIMG0885.
    CIMG0885.
    CIMG0887.
    CIMG0888.
    CIMG0890.

10. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Something tells me you're not going to see any interest from Yankees fans.....

;)

11. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    No offense intended to Yankees fans. Just wanted to show the pictures were current.

12. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Had a recent PM inquiry regarding stringing the B string through the body. The B sting is so well defined and tight I don't think an accommodating modification would be necessary. Of course, once its your bass you can do what you want. You won't find it necessary to drill a whole in the gorgeous piece of ash.

13. bassWR

bassWR Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Still no trades?

14. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    This bass is gorgeous...

15. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    On hold pending payment.

16. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Payment sent :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.