1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Mike Lull V4 in Trans Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emart, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    FS is a Mike Lull vintage 4-string bass in a beautiful trans dark red finish. This has an [DEL]alder[/DEL] *ash* body and a brazilian rosewood fingerboard, Fralin pickups, and hipshot tuners. This is one of Mike's earliest basses, made in 1997. It is in excellent condition, looks stunning and plays beautifully. Weighs 8lb. 8oz. on my digital scale.

The neck is straight and the fingerboard has little fret wear. It has a small, about 5mm triangular indentation in the back of the body. There is a small 'abrasion' in the finish on the top of the headstock that can be seen clearly in the photos, and five other very small marks in the finish on the back of the body. There are 2mm cracks in the finish (only) on each side of the neck joint that can be seen in the photos. There are a few light scratches here and there that don't show in photos, but there is no buckle rash. All of these marks are cosmetic only, and from what I can see these are all of the wear marks on the bass.

Currently strung with GHS Boomers. Comes with a new Lull gig bag.

Lots of pics here.

$1300 plus shipping. U.S. transactions only. Paypal OK. NO TRADES please (I've got too much gear already!).

Thanks for looking.

2. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    very nice lull and a great deal especially with the bag that i never had with it.
    GLWTS!

3. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Bump

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    great looking bass

5. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    After assuming this bass had an alder body something caught my eye today and I looked more carefully at the grain that's visible through the trans finish. Though I'm not entirely sure and Mike has no record of it, I think this bass actually has an ash body.

6. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    this is such a good price. I've owned to lull v4's including my current surf green custom build. it would be hard to find a better passive J at any price.

7. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    PM'd

8. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Bump for a classy beauty :bassist:

IMG_3520.

9. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Sale pending.

10. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    i am pretty sure that is an ash one piece body- i was told that when i asked lull about it.
    mike also told me that the original owner ordered that brazilian rosewood fingerboard as a $500 upgrade option

11. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.