1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Mikebass original Sadowsky Metro RV5 with VTC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jlfoundry, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlfoundry

jlfoundry Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    This is Mikebass original RV5 that he sold to me a few months ago. It’s a fantastic bass but I have a main gigging bass and I can’t stand to watch it sit.

Here is some information from Mike’s original post.

The RV5 was sent back to Sadowsky for a re-fret and was done by Roger himself. Contact Sadowsky about a re-fret, it isn't cheap and his fret jobs are legendary, and this is a prime example.

This comes with the famous Sadowsky pre-amp and hum cancelling pick-ups.
    Comes with an alder body with rosewood fingerboards.
    Original factory softsided cases.

The bass is exactly as I received it from Mike except I replaced the strings with DR’s. The bass is mint except for some VERY minor scuffing on the pick-guard and there’s an extremely small “ding” on the top of the body

Serial M111

RV5- $1950
    Olympic white, tort pickguard, VTC, chrome "bell" front pick-up cover.

I’m sure Mike will let everyone know how smooth our original transaction was and since the time I received the bass I’ve taken excellent care of this bass.

Paypal accepted (I will absorb the fee). Bass, soft case and the price includes shipping!

Good Luck...I'm sure this will go fast!

2. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    pics please...?

3. jlfoundry

Jul 16, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    I'll take them today and will post them ASAP....

4. jlfoundry

Jul 16, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    I'm having problems loading the pictures (they're too big)...Please send me an email with you address and I will forward them to you ASAP,,,,JL

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sigh, I knew this would happen! This bass was also on my list, but since it was gone, I had to settle for a maple board. Oh well, free bump!

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

There's a thread somewhere where Mike and I compared this bass to my 'identical' (same model, color, etc.) NYC. This bass was very, very close to my NYC model... just a touch heavier with a slightly different neck profile at the nut than the NYC.

It plays great and sound great, and has the VTC installed. It's a good one for anyone looking for a Sadowsky with a RW board.

So.... bump for a great bass!

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    MY BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!:D

I have a few pics of it I'll post up for ya tomorrow. They are on another computer.

Anyway, about the smoothest transaction I ever had. Who ever steps up has no worries.

About the bass. When I got it it was perfect. But I also am quite crazy regarding my set-up. One reason is when I was 18 I was stabbed (accidently) in the top of my left hand between my middle finger knuckle and ring finger knuckle. So I don't have a lot of strength in those two fingers. Nothing big, but my hand gets tired easly on a high set-up.
    So, back to Sadowsky for a fret job. When it came back.........man the thing plays itself.
    I also had Sadowsky install the VTC when it was there.

I used it for a summer tour last year, as well as various gigs around the Detroit area. And almost across the board, every sound guy loved it.

I sold my NYC 5 when I got it. It's that sweet.
    The only reason I sold it was, I'm going in a little different direction sound wise right now. Still "Jazz Bass" type, just needed a change.
    But I will get another one.

If fact, how about a trade for a Smith BSRP 5J-MW??
    Walnut top, maple center core, maple body wings, morado fingerboard, Smith single coils (not the big humbuckers)??????;)
    Almost exactly like this one:
    http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrj/bsr5jmw_walnut_over_maple.htm

I would LOVE to get it back, but money keeps me from doing it right now.

8. jlfoundry

Jul 16, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    Mike...Thanks for your support and posting some pictures! I appreciate it! As an FYI, I modified the setup a bit to my taste so who ever gets the bass will probably modify the setup again to their taste. When I got the bass from Mike the setup was extremely low (probably due to the incredible fret job!)

I need to look into the Smith bass? I never had one (or knew anyone with one)....I have a number of people saying their interested but I will get back to you on your offer....Thanks again...JL

9. jlfoundry

Jul 16, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    As an FYI to anyone out there...I would consider a trade for a Lakland 55-94..

10. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Hey, this is the only picture I could find of it.
    Unfortunatly it has me in it. I have others, but they are from the same show.
    I'll look harder, I know I have some of the bass someplace.

DSC_0127.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Oh yeah, the Sadowsky necklace! :D

12. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    HEY!!!!
    :D

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    I wear my bass kinda high as well. My technique is cleaner that way. Besides, Sadowskys will tell everybody if you're sloppy. Roger's basses never could keep a secret!

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hey, Mike- i got the same wristband!
    looks like your diggin' in hard!
    keep on keeping on, my brother!
    oh, and bump for a very nice bass which if it had a maple board, well, i would be scrounging between the couch cushions..

15. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.

Oh yeah, well mine kept good secrets. Like the time in Dallas with those twins who were cheer leaders and liked to.......:D

16. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, i guess that rules out a Sadowsky for me !
    hey, Mike - did those twins ever live in Denver by any chance?

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Or San Jose? :bag:

18. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    Looks like we may have a set of cheerleading Talkbass-stalker twins on the loose. :hyper: :hyper: That would be cool!

19. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, it was Halloween night, Denver, we were "Getting Down Tonight" and " Shaking Our Booties " and I guess " That's The Way. Uh-huh, Uh-huh They Like It, Uh-huh, Uh-huh "
    ok, enough of that! I am a good boy now!
    Bump for the pretty Sadowsky!

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    They eventually became nurses, and moved to San Jose! Okay, enough of the hijacking. Someone buy this bass. Unfortunately, I just got an MS5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.