1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MIM Jazz bass, wenge warmoth neck, lollar single coils

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by HaPpYfAcE, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought the parts for this bass here on TB and put it together to see what i could get out of it sound-wise.

It is comprised of a MIM Deluxe body, Warmoth Wenge/Wenge neck, and Lollar pickups. This is definitely a good sounding bass and i'd probably stick with it if i didn't want another 5 string and other things.

The loaded neck and pups/passive plate are from this thread...
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646358

The body is from this thread...
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644580

The original output jack has been removed so there is an open hole on the bottom of the bass. This is not much of an issue since the passive plate has an output jack on it. You don't need to change batteries or anything now since this bass is entirely passive. I did a pretty horrible trim job on the pickguard to get it to fit with the control plate. There are some marks on the sides of the pickup covers and they could use a little bit of coercion to sit properly with this particular pickguard. As it is, i think it's adequate to be a player or just something to clown around with. The neck (incl tuners, etc) is in excellent shape despite the condition of the body.

I don't have a case or gig bag for this, but i could probably get something for it. It will be packed very well, so for shipping, there won't be any issues.

Price: $400 shipped. I will part this out if you like, but the price posted is a package deal on everything (essentially, you'd be getting the body for free if you buy the whole bass). I am not interested in trades unless you will accept this bass plus cash for your warwick 5 string (thumb, streamer, fortress are my main preference).

Loaded body is sold, loaded neck is still available.

2. These aren't the best pics but they give you a general idea. I can get more later if there is interest. NOTE: The wenge-necked thumb 5 string is not for sale unless you're offering $1650 or more. ;)
    IMG_0530.

IMG_0531.

3. make offers on parts if you want.

4. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    PM sent

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    mmmm....wenge.

Thread Status: